Bearded Dragon Stuck Shed

Nova22

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
My bearded dragon cannot seem to shed the skin on her head. Quite a while ago (unsure of exact time) Nova shed and I noticed some of the skin on her head didn't come off (she still had the dull pre-shed look to the top of her head. Just yesterday she finished another shed and more shed became stuck (on her head again). Now there are two layers of stuck shed. I've tried to convince my parents to take her to the vet because at this point, I don't think it's going to come off on its own (it's been months, and now there are multiple layers), but they don't think it's that serious. I just feel really bad for my beardie. She's always rubbing her head against her cave and rock background trying to get the shed off. Is there any way to get the stuck shed off at home? If not, how can I convince my parents that she needs to see a vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon cannot seem to shed the skin on her head. Quite a while ago (unsure of exact time) Nova shed and I noticed some of the skin on her head didn't come off (she still had the dull pre-shed look to the top of her head. Just yesterday she finished another shed and more shed became stuck (on her head again). Now there are two layers of stuck shed. I've tried to convince my parents to take her to the vet because at this point, I don't think it's going to come off on its own (it's been months, and now there are multiple layers), but they don't think it's that serious. I just feel really bad for my beardie. She's always rubbing her head against her cave and rock background trying to get the shed off. Is there any way to get the stuck shed off at home? If not, how can I convince my parents that she needs to see a vet?
Please post a pic of the dragon -- we can better help if we can see

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom