Bearded dragon size

Axx

Beardie name(s)
Haku
I am concerned about the size of my bearded dragon. For context I am in highschool and this is my first time owning a reptile. I feel like anytime I bring up health concerns about him to my mother she acts like I'm overreacting and doesn't look into it. He eats mainly superworms, mealworms, kale, squash, zucchini, carrots, cantolope, flower topping, and occasionally cooked egg. (Not often). I do not have his exact measurements but I included some pictures for scale. He gets calcium on his worms a few times a week and I try to feed him worms twice a day but it is usually once. He usually gets 12 mealworms and 5-8 superworms or more. Please feel free to give me any criticism or advice I am absolutely looking for it. (Setup advice as well ) thank you.

Attachments

• 16614564252778147042433446103345.jpg
    16614564252778147042433446103345.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1661456448754689878215785492667.jpg
    1661456448754689878215785492667.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are you sure it's a he? The head looks more female. Either way he is a very pretty dragon. He looks healthy from what i can see please post pics of your habitat setup, the lighting is absolutely critical to his health. Please try to get your uvb bulb and basking bulb in the pic. If you know the specs on your bulbs list them, along with the distances the bulb are above your beardie, please list the temps in his basking area and how your are taking them. There are some really great people here that are happy to help you with anything you need to know. Don't be afraid to ask anything you are curious or need to know about.

Axx

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
I Will update this on my profile soon, I'm using a zoo med thermometer and his basking spot is at about 100. It is about 5-8 inches away from the hammock. His current setup is in a 55 gallon. I'm not sure of his sex honestly I've just been guessing, but he very well could not be male.

Attachments

• Snapchat-34391179.jpg
    Snapchat-34391179.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Snapchat-225391340.jpg
    Snapchat-225391340.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Snapchat-262284062.jpg
    Snapchat-262284062.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 72

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am concerned about the size of my bearded dragon. For context I am in highschool and this is my first time owning a reptile. I feel like anytime I bring up health concerns about him to my mother she acts like I'm overreacting and doesn't look into it. He eats mainly superworms, mealworms, kale, squash, zucchini, carrots, cantolope, flower topping, and occasionally cooked egg. (Not often). I do not have his exact measurements but I included some pictures for scale. He gets calcium on his worms a few times a week and I try to feed him worms twice a day but it is usually once. He usually gets 12 mealworms and 5-8 superworms or more. Please feel free to give me any criticism or advice I am absolutely looking for it. (Setup advice as well ) thank you.
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb -- No coils please - basking surface temps -- they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate and need the probe especially for a hammock- temps need to be 95-100 --- please lay off the meal worms and super worms they are treat worms - and too many can cause impaction -- please get a staple feeder like dubia roaches or crickets or BSFL or silk worms -- fresh veggies / salad every day insects every 2-3 days -

Axx

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb -- No coils please - basking surface temps -- they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate and need the probe especially for a hammock- temps need to be 95-100 --- please lay off the meal worms and super worms they are treat worms - and too many can cause impaction -- please get a staple feeder like dubia roaches or crickets or BSFL or silk worms -- fresh veggies / salad every day insects every 2-3 days -
Okay I will try to implement this. Thank you.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom