Bearded dragon runny poop weird breathing and stress marks

Nubs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nubs
My bearded dragon (male 1.5 years) has been having runny stools, like very runny I also noticed occasionally you can hear his breathing and he has dark stress marks even when falling asleep his main diet consists of dubia roaches and green leaf lettuce,red leaf lettuce,bok choy he also gets a variety of fruits in vegetables his tank is 120 gallons and I use a mat that's made to fit inside his basking spot is around 100 degrees and his cool side is between 80-75 depending on the temperature of the room if anyone has any information please help we're planning to make a vet appointment for him but my parents want to wait a day to see how he is and I'm really worried

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon (male 1.5 years) has been having runny stools, like very runny I also noticed occasionally you can hear his breathing and he has dark stress marks even when falling asleep his main diet consists of dubia roaches and green leaf lettuce,red leaf lettuce,bok choy he also gets a variety of fruits in vegetables his tank is 120 gallons and I use a mat that's made to fit inside his basking spot is around 100 degrees and his cool side is between 80-75 depending on the temperature of the room if anyone has any information please help we're planning to make a vet appointment for him but my parents want to wait a day to see how he is and I'm really worried
What are you using for a uvb? Where is the uvb? Top of screen or inside the tank? How are you getting surface basking temps? A digital probe thermometer is the most accurate - what is the humidity in the tank?

Nubs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nubs
What are you using for a uvb? Where is the uvb? Top of screen or inside the tank? How are you getting surface basking temps? A digital probe thermometer is the most accurate - what is the humidity in the tank?
I use a uvb strip, usually my bearded dragon likes to be a dare devil so I keep it on his screen to prevent burns I have a thermometer in the tank but a digital probe I use as well, the humidity is 30 percent

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I use a uvb strip, usually my bearded dragon likes to be a dare devil so I keep it on his screen to prevent burns I have a thermometer in the tank but a digital probe I use as well, the humidity is 30 percent
Ok depending on the UVB bulb the screen is going to determine where it goes -- please tell me what the bulb is T 5 or a T 8 and the screen is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type - this will cause stress marks if hes not getting enough UVB -- a long w/ surface basking temps -- you need these all correct

Nubs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nubs
Ok depending on the UVB bulb the screen is going to determine where it goes -- please tell me what the bulb is T 5 or a T 8 and the screen is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type - this will cause stress marks if hes not getting enough UVB -- a long w/ surface basking temps -- you need these all correct
It's a wide hole type and the uvb is T 5 he also goes outside when it's nice out for an hour or 2

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's a wide hole type and the uvb is T 5 he also goes outside when it's nice out for an hour or 2
Ok the T 5 can sit on top of the screen but you want a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches - what are his surface basking temps? they should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - its great your getting him outside -- green leaf lettuce ? is that iceberg? here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple Nutrition Content
what is the humidity in the tank?

Nubs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nubs
Ok the T 5 can sit on top of the screen but you want a piece of basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches - what are his surface basking temps? they should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - its great your getting him outside -- green leaf lettuce ? is that iceberg? here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple Nutrition Content
what is the humidity in the tank?
Green leaf lettuce isn't iceberg, his surface basking temp is 98 his humidity is 30 percent

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Green leaf lettuce isn't iceberg, his surface basking temp is 98 his humidity is 30 percent
Ok so that all sound good if you need to make adjustments for your uvb do that and then watch his behavior - if it's correct do you have any other animals in the house dog or cat that could be stressing him out? Is he near a window where he can see birds?

Nubs

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nubs
Ok so that all sound good if you need to make adjustments for your uvb do that and then watch his behavior - if it's correct do you have any other animals in the house dog or cat that could be stressing him out? Is he near a window where he can see birds?
I have dogs and cats but he's never been stressed out by them before hopefully he'll be ok thank you for the help

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom