Bearded Dragon Poop Black and Watery!

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Hey! Olive had a parasite test done a month ago and nothing came up. But since then, she has had only watery poops as well as black poops. Her urates have been tinged red but I have fed her berries… I’m stumped!

Husbandry;
1.) basking spot 95°-100° cool spot 70°
2.) 120 Gallon Tank
3.) 10.0 UVB changed 2 months ago
4.) feeding Collard Greens, Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Acorn Squash, and Spaghetti Squash. Fruit is once a week. 2-3 cockroaches every other day, sometimes dusted with calcium, multivitamin, or calcium with d3.
5.) Baths every other day to help with shed.

She is active and moves around her tank during the day. However, has to strain going to the bathroom. I have another dragon eating the same diet and is completely fine! Does anyone have any idea of what this may be??

Attachments

• IMG_7068.jpeg
    IMG_7068.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 984
  • IMG_6389.jpeg
    IMG_6389.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6580.jpeg
    IMG_6580.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 70

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey! Olive had a parasite test done a month ago and nothing came up. But since then, she has had only watery poops as well as black poops. Her urates have been tinged red but I have fed her berries… I’m stumped!

Husbandry;
1.) basking spot 95°-100° cool spot 70°
2.) 120 Gallon Tank
3.) 10.0 UVB changed 2 months ago
4.) feeding Collard Greens, Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Acorn Squash, and Spaghetti Squash. Fruit is once a week. 2-3 cockroaches every other day, sometimes dusted with calcium, multivitamin, or calcium with d3.
5.) Baths every other day to help with shed.

She is active and moves around her tank during the day. However, has to strain going to the bathroom. I have another dragon eating the same diet and is completely fine! Does anyone have any idea of what this may be??
Cut back on the squash - and the bathing - too many baths will dry her scales out- feed her some pumpkin either canned plain or baby food see if that firms up the poop - too much squash will give the watery poop along w/ the gr pepper- feed more greens -

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
I see! We were doing baths during the end of winter because humidity was at 10 percent but we’re back up to 30 now so I will!

And I’ll give that a try. Thank you. I’ll check back in about a week with results :) i’ll add turnip greens, mustard greens, and dandelion greens.

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Here is the update!! The poop is solid now! But I am worried about how blue/purple her urate is. I have never seen it so chalky too???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 72

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Howdy! She went to the bathroom again and I snagged a picture. Today, I also gloved up and broke her poo apart to check her consistency. It felt *very* sandy. She doesn’t live on sand! She hasn’t been in a layer box since earlier this year.

Attachments

• IMG_7320.jpeg
    IMG_7320.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 199

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Update: Olive has Crypto…. I decided to bring in ANOTHER sample because the diarrhea wouldn’t stop… This time, they found crypto in it. I’m waiting on a call from the vet for more information but my research has me scared.

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Another update; She MIGHT have Crypto. The test used can make false positives and so we are gonna go ahead with a more specific test. I don’t know where she could have picked it up from but her pinworm count is high too. Hopefully it was an accident at the testing facility. In the meantime she’ll get a dewormer but also that test will be the conclusive answer…

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom