Bearded Dragon Passes White-thing in Stool--What Is It?

KingCobra

Beardie name(s)
Fire
Hello, everyone.

I am new and signed up because my dragon passed a single weird white-thing (I'm assuming) in his stool--the only issue with this thought is that I found it a few inches away from his abnormally small thing of poop and it was dry. I have owned him for 10 years (he is 10) and I have never seen him do this before. It looks sort of like a mixture between a sperm plug and an egg. Actually, it looks more like an egg; so, I'm concerned that he may be a female--however, he was sold to me as a boy and he was even brought back to the breeder (at Repticon) when he was two or three years old, and she confirmed that he was a male. He also has femoral pores and I could have sworn he had two bumps near his vent when I personally checked his gender--this may be mistaken, as I am no expert.

I took pictures of his butt and the weird egg thing, and I even cut the white-thing open to find a golden liquid inside. I hope that he is not a female, as I cannot see him as a her after 10 years. Anyway, it's better if he was mis-gendered than something being terribly wrong with him.

Any help would be appreciated--thanks!

Attachments

• 20220521_183333.jpg
    20220521_183333.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 20220521_181324.jpg
    20220521_181324.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220521_181334.jpg
    20220521_181334.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220521_192254.jpg
    20220521_192254.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 20220521_192347.jpg
    20220521_192347.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 116

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hello, everyone.

I am new and signed up because my dragon passed a single weird white-thing (I'm assuming) in his stool--the only issue with this thought is that I found it a few inches away from his abnormally small thing of poop and it was dry. I have owned him for 10 years (he is 10) and I have never seen him do this before. It looks sort of like a mixture between a sperm plug and an egg. Actually, it looks more like an egg; so, I'm concerned that he may be a female--however, he was sold to me as a boy and he was even brought back to the breeder (at Repticon) when he was two or three years old, and she confirmed that he was a male. He also has femoral pores and I could have sworn he had two bumps near his vent when I personally checked his gender--this may be mistaken, as I am no expert.

I took pictures of his butt and the weird egg thing, and I even cut the white-thing open to find a golden liquid inside. I hope that he is not a female, as I cannot see him as a her after 10 years. Anyway, it's better if he was mis-gendered than something being terribly wrong with him.

"he" is definitely a she! gender mix-ups happen all the time with bearded dragons in fact when a bearded dragon is young its bones look like the same thing as a hemipene but that yellow thing looks like an old egg that your beardie could have had for a long time. I have no clue why there's only one but it does look like an egg to me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, everyone.

@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's an egg so you'll need to set up a laybox ASAP. Just Google how to set it up and get what you need so she can lay the rest. They usually have at least 15 but often quite a few more.

KingCobra

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fire
That's an egg so you'll need to set up a laybox ASAP. Just Google how to set it up and get what you need so she can lay the rest. They usually have at least 15 but often quite a few more.
Thanks! I'll set-up a nesting box right away.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is surprising indeed after that many years. She may lay more eggs so a laybox as
suggested is a good idea!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom