Bearded dragon not eating?

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
What is under the uvb now - you want a piece of decor directly under it 12-15 inches for a T 5
So I just realized that I lied…my distances were off the assumption of the tank being 18” inside (didn’t think about thickness of melamine) so while measuring things decided to check the bottom of uvb to floor is only 15.5” so it was always only 12.5” down to the wood.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
What brand is you uvb fixture? I have bought four ZooMed since December and all four failed. The failure was not visible to the naked eye, i caught it by accident trying to get a video. I'm going to post the link to my thread scroll down and watch the video. Two of my dragons behavior was WAY off and within a couple days of replacing the fixtures were back to normal.
Wow I just watched your video and it's so weird! I'm using a Zoomed T8 right now and it's made in Germany, it doesn't have that issue or any flickering in person or on camera. I'll keep that in mind when replacing it next time. Thx for that info!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How would you feed this? To give meds I can her side of lip open just enough to put a drop in there. Idk if I’d be able to syringe feed a bunch that way.
I think as long as shes gaining weight I would stick w/ that --and eating on her own even if its only small amounts at a time- Carnivore care is great for dragons that are losing weight - sick -- you want her to keep eating on her own and not get used to being hand fed --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
3 out of the 4 I bought did that, the other came on for 5 to 10 seconds and died, that was the first one in December. I tried switching bulbs around and it didn't make a difference so it was definitely the fixtures causing it. I'm not trying to put ZooMed down, i just want to make folks aware it can hsppen and how i caught it. Beardies see spectrums of light we don't, i felt horrible putting them through that.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
I think as long as shes gaining weight I would stick w/ that --and eating on her own even if its only small amounts at a time- Carnivore care is great for dragons that are losing weight - sick -- you want her to keep eating on her own and not get used to being hand fed --
Weighed we are back up to 20 grams so has gained the 1 gram she lost over the last 3 weeks.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
3 out of the 4 I bought did that, the other came on for 5 to 10 seconds and died, that was the first one in December. I tried switching bulbs around and it didn't make a difference so it was definitely the fixtures causing it. I'm not trying to put ZooMed down, i just want to make folks aware it can hsppen and how i caught it. Beardies see spectrums of light we don't, i felt horrible putting them through that.
Yeah that would suck to see, but fortunately mine don’t seem to be doing that. BUT a much more mild version of that was happening even to the naked eye up close when I was in the bad electric plug. So I’m hoping just getting into the new plug and time does the trick.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
So I saw her eat a couple dubia today!
I feel like she is taking in soo much of the carnivore critical care though. For as little as she is what I have been doing is dripping it on her nose until she won’t like it off anymore. She is taking in 1-1.5ml each time I do it (twice a day)
She doesn’t appear so wrinkly anymore and her weight when I put her on the scale it starts to teeter between 20 and 21 grams. So we are seeing very slight weight gain!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is awesome, hopefully she will start eating on her own again soon and begin to thrive.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
It could be normal for a short amount of time. I recommend getting a kitchen scale that measures grams and monitoring her weight every week.

Andi_Braun

Original Poster
5D9F5810-5C01-4336-A895-66DF392E9381.jpeg
DE3C43B0-D71F-40CB-A39C-E15572AC8A01.jpeg
D36DDF50-F764-4F71-89A9-C2C05BB4A148.jpeg

First pic is in the middle of all of this. All the vet appointments ect. The last 2 pics are today after a week of semi eating normal and getting some supplement. I think she is doing a million times better!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom