Bearded Dragon Not Eating Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

relocateditems

I just got a baby bearded dragon about three weeks ago. It's about as big as my hand head to tail. I picked it up from a PetSmart because my local pet store didn't have any. I don't know its gender since it's too small to tell. It's a leatherback.

I keep the tank at about 75-80 on the cool side and 100-110 on the basking spot. At night it's about 70-75. My humidity is around 40, but usually higher. I live in a dry area, so I'm getting a new hygrometer soon. I mist it every morning, feed it about three times a day and give it fresh salad, but it eats very little and usually just eats a bit of salad and one dubia roach or one cricket. I think it's lost a bit of weight. In the beginning, it had stress marks but those are much better now. I just changed the UVB and basking lamps and nothing really changed in its behavior. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Relocation stress -- your UVB is extremely important ----------- what are you using NO coils please -- and are you taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer --- lighting and basking temps are the most important thing in that tank

relocateditems

Original Poster
I’m not using and coils. I was thinking it’s relocation stress but I did want to make sure since most people said about two weeks and it’s almost three now. I’m using a temp gun not a digital probe for temps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so what are you using for your UVB? UVB's have certain distance and placement depending on what bulb your using. I would invest in some digital probe thermometers - they are the most accurate - temp guns cannot read of certain basking materials and hammocks are one --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom