Bearded Dragon Not Eating Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

relocateditems

I just got a baby bearded dragon about three weeks ago. It's about as big as my hand head to tail. I picked it up from a PetSmart because my local pet store didn't have any. I don't know its gender since it's too small to tell. It's a leatherback.

I keep the tank at about 75-80 on the cool side and 100-110 on the basking spot. At night it's about 70-75. My humidity is around 40, but usually higher. I live in a dry area, so I'm getting a new hygrometer soon. I mist it every morning, feed it about three times a day and give it fresh salad, but it eats very little and usually just eats a bit of salad and one dubia roach or one cricket. I think it's lost a bit of weight. In the beginning, it had stress marks but those are much better now. I just changed the UVB and basking lamps and nothing really changed in its behavior. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Relocation stress -- your UVB is extremely important ----------- what are you using NO coils please -- and are you taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer --- lighting and basking temps are the most important thing in that tank

relocateditems

Original Poster
I’m not using and coils. I was thinking it’s relocation stress but I did want to make sure since most people said about two weeks and it’s almost three now. I’m using a temp gun not a digital probe for temps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so what are you using for your UVB? UVB's have certain distance and placement depending on what bulb your using. I would invest in some digital probe thermometers - they are the most accurate - temp guns cannot read of certain basking materials and hammocks are one --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom