Bearded Dragon Not Eating - Just got Panacur

drekiaa

Original Poster
He will not eat w/ out the uvb properly placed! If that's a T 8 the bulb needs to be completely unobstructed 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor - please get it inside the tank your dragons health is declining
Is this better? We may adjust it tomorrow, but for now I wanted to make sure it was inside the tank this time (heat lamp off, it's nighttime).

Attachments

• PXL_20220831_011736152.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220831_011736152.MP.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is this better? We may adjust it tomorrow, but for now I wanted to make sure it was inside the tank this time (heat lamp off, it's nighttime).
Yes but you may haft to lower it -- or get a piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- I would recommend getting a T 5 24" fixture when you can -- your going to need to change our the T 8 in 5 months -- if you want websites for the fixture let me know -- and keep us posted on his eating -- the UVB should make a difference when you get it to where it needs to be

drekiaa

Original Poster
Yes but you may haft to lower it -- or get a piece of basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- I would recommend getting a T 5 24" fixture when you can -- your going to need to change our the T 8 in 5 months -- if you want websites for the fixture let me know -- and keep us posted on his eating -- the UVB should make a difference when you get it to where it needs to be
Appreciate the help, thanks so much!

If the UV light was the main issue, any idea how long it generally takes for them to bounce back?

drekiaa

Original Poster
Distance 6-8 inches please move a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb
I just wanted to provide a quick update... We did replace his T8 with a T5 yesterday. We also started to (slowly, he's not a fan) syringe feed him based on our vet's recommendation, and today he's finally pooped again so we'll be getting the fecal sample back to the vet tomorrow to test for more parasites just in case.

Thanks so much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just wanted to provide a quick update... We did replace his T8 with a T5 yesterday. We also started to (slowly, he's not a fan) syringe feed him based on our vet's recommendation, and today he's finally pooped again so we'll be getting the fecal sample back to the vet tomorrow to test for more parasites just in case.

Thanks so much!
Where is the T 5?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom