Bearded dragon looking very sick

Fam0501

Original Poster
O.K, it's good that he's doing a little better ! Be sure to get him in the actual sun, if it comes through the glass it won't help since glass blocks uvb but through a screen is O.K, out in the yard when it's not TOO hot is best, in the grass not on concrete though.
Took your advice and sat out on the porch with him!! Thank you so much! Everyone on here has been a great support. 👼🏼 He’s definitely doing better than yesterday ❤️
Can you please tell me exactly what you bought ? 10w T5 lighting? When you get the fixture please post back on here so I can help you get it properly placed - they have certain placement and distance it will depend on the screen
These are the two items I’m waiting to get in the mail……definitely will post back on here once I get everything. I also bought a single fixture to hold the basking light.

Attachments

• 3DA8D352-559C-43EB-B82B-8A34F05A454A.jpeg
    3DA8D352-559C-43EB-B82B-8A34F05A454A.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 337EBC06-7D1F-4098-90E2-C60AB3FB6614.jpeg
    337EBC06-7D1F-4098-90E2-C60AB3FB6614.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 03CF0661-92D5-4F5A-8445-1DC792A007C0.jpeg
    03CF0661-92D5-4F5A-8445-1DC792A007C0.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 68

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Took your advice and sat out on the porch with him!! Thank you so much! Everyone on here has been a great support. 👼🏼 He’s definitely doing better than yesterday ❤️

These are the two items I’m waiting to get in the mail……definitely will post back on here once I get everything. I also bought a single fixture to hold the basking light.
That is what you want will help you get it placed and distanced when in it comes in

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great, I'm glad he is improving daily now. Did he enjoy being outside awhile?
Definitely post pictures once you have the fixture in for his light.

Tracie

Fam0501

Original Poster
Three weeks later and unfortunately my 1.5 year old dragon passed away last night. Sooo heartbroken because I felt like it was my fault for feeding him something he couldn’t digest. 💔😞 Thank you all so much fit trying to help me keep him alive. Going this weekend to purchase another bearded dragon. Lessons learned in caring for these delicate lizards. 👼🏼❤️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Three weeks later and unfortunately my 1.5 year old dragon passed away last night. Sooo heartbroken because I felt like it was my fault for feeding him something he couldn’t digest. 💔😞 Thank you all so much fit trying to help me keep him alive. Going this weekend to purchase another bearded dragon. Lessons learned in caring for these delicate lizards. 👼🏼❤️
I am so sorry to hear about your dragon-- yes people get attached very quickly to them -- please sanitize your tank before getting another one- since you dont know exactly what caused him to pass its best to really clean the tank out-- F 10 Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some Rescue are good cleaners - F 10 is found on Amazon or Ebay- please if you need anymore help w/ getting the tank set up or anything please ask -- again I am sorry about your little guy :(

Fam0501

Original Poster
I am so sorry to hear about your dragon-- yes people get attached very quickly to them -- please sanitize your tank before getting another one- since you dont know exactly what caused him to pass its best to really clean the tank out-- F 10 Zoo Meds Wipe Out or some Rescue are good cleaners - F 10 is found on Amazon or Ebay- please if you need anymore help w/ getting the tank set up or anything please ask -- again I am sorry about your little guy :(

Fam0501

Original Poster
Thank you!
Yup….I got attached to him. I just ordered the cleaner you recommended. I’ve got the UV zoomed T5 with 10 bulb for lighting. I’m trying to find out what’s the best sand to use. I was using the carpet for the tank but someone said that holds too much bacteria. I’m also trying to find the best basking lamp. Soo many mixed opinions out there in the did. Someone said to give them crickets, blueberries, mealworms, and romain lettuce. All I know is the hornworms will never be given again 😞

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you!
Yup….I got attached to him. I just ordered the cleaner you recommended. I’ve got the UV zoomed T5 with 10 bulb for lighting. I’m trying to find out what’s the best sand to use. I was using the carpet for the tank but someone said that holds too much bacteria. I’m also trying to find the best basking lamp. Soo many mixed opinions out there in the did. Someone said to give them crickets, blueberries, mealworms, and romain lettuce. All I know is the hornworms will never be given again 😞
No sand!!!! Please get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner -- cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar/water 50-50-- basking bulbs some people can use regular house hold bulb I however cannot they dont keep my temps in the tank what they should be
1650054112288.jpg

I use Exo Terra Intense basking bulbs - or Repti basking bulbs -- any good solid bright white bulb but you dont want neodymium bulbs that coating on them is not good for the eyes
here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content
kale is a good staple feeder

Fam0501

Original Poster
Thank you!! I was using that as a Mat. Was told that it carries too much bacteria :/ I’ll try the liner!! I have a basking lamp with a 150 watt bulb in it for lizards. The tank was reading 95 with the digital thermometer. Before it was reading 88 with a 100 watt bulb. It’s a 40 gallon tank. I’ll check out the food list. He was picky. I fed him Spinach at first and he ate it like no tomorrow. But then I found out that wasn’t good for him soo I switched it to kale. Which he loved eating. I also fed him crickets weekly. He looked underweight but was healthy until I decided to give him the hornworms because he didn’t eat the mealworms or other live insects suggested.

Attachments

• 6D583704-0C86-4C66-A053-363DAC98E5D3.jpeg
    6D583704-0C86-4C66-A053-363DAC98E5D3.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 50

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Sorry to hear, again make sure the tank is thoroughly cleaned before getting another friend. Keep reading and posting any questions, I've seen alot of fantastic info come across this sight. Good luck in your next venture.

Fam0501

Original Poster
Sorry to hear, again make sure the tank is thoroughly cleaned before getting another friend. Keep reading and posting any questions, I've seen alot of fantastic info come across this sight. Good luck in your next venture.
Thank you so much!! Yes, I just purchased the recommended sanitizer and your so right…. the people on this site have provided me with soo much information. So thankful to know my next venture won’t be alone. I only wish I would have made use of website when I first found it!!! Praying my next baby will live much longer. I’ve decided that instead of buying one again from Petsmart, I’ll try a reptile store.

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Thank you so much!! Yes, I just purchased the recommended sanitizer and your so right…. the people on this site have provided me with soo much information. So thankful to know my next venture won’t be alone. I only wish I would have made use of website when I first found it!!! Praying my next baby will live much longer. I’ve decided that instead of buying one again from Petsmart, I’ll try a reptile store.
I joined a few months ago for support after losing my 12 year old id had since a baby. I got him and his sister from petco. I've enjoyed learning lots over the years but this sight has given me a new appreciation for reptile owners. I have YET to read something here I disagreed with. Starting to.be ready to consider my next adoption. Wanted to give time to heal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry that you lost him, after that amount of time. :cry: He waras improving, I am so sorry.
It is extremely hard to lose them & impossible not to get attached, either.
Take your time deciding to get another one. You definitely never replace them because they are
all different.
My condolences for you & your family,

Tracie

Fam0501

Original Poster
I joined a few months ago for support after losing my 12 year old id had since a baby. I got him and his sister from petco. I've enjoyed learning lots over the years but this sight has given me a new appreciation for reptile owners. I have YET to read something here I disagreed with. Starting to.be ready to consider my next adoption. Wanted to give time to heal.
Sorry for your loss as well! I will look into Petco since they’re closer to where I live. It’s amazing with all of the information that’s out there. So grateful for every reptile owner out there. ❤️

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom