Bearded dragon impaction

Larrys owner

Beardie name(s)
Larry
Hi my bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in a while and I think he might be impacted is there something I can feed him that works as a laxative?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in a while and I think he might be impacted is there something I can feed him that works as a laxative?
How old is the dragon and when did he last poop? Has he been struggling to poop? What are you feeding and how big are the insects your feeding?

Beardie name(s)
Pumpkin(f), Spice(m)
As well as the questions posted above I have had great success with my beardies when I bath them. Use warm water and just enough that they can float their back legs, they will inflate themselves and usually(not always) poop. Make sure to check for blood when it does finally pass. I try to go the natural route first before adding anything to my beardies diet. How is its eating response? Is it still eating normally?

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
How old is the dragon and when did he last poop? Has he been struggling to poop? What are you feeding and how big are the insects your feeding?
He’s about 17 months and it was probably a couple weeks or more that he pooped. I’ve been feeding him salad about every other day and sometimes he eats it and sometimes he doesn’t and then I feed him roaches that are roughly the size between his eyes

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
As well as the questions posted above I have had great success with my beardies when I bath them. Use warm water and just enough that they can float their back legs, they will inflate themselves and usually(not always) poop. Make sure to check for blood when it does finally pass. I try to go the natural route first before adding anything to my beardies diet. How is its eating response? Is it still eating normally?
Thanks! He has been eating a little less but he still gets exited to eat his food

Beardie name(s)
Pumpkin(f), Spice(m)
Thanks! He has been eating a little less but he still gets exited to eat his food
Getting excited to eat is a good sign. While he is a little young don't forget about things like brumation, he may be feeling the seasonal change and just slowing down, hence the less poop. But as his owner you know what is happening daily. I say warm baths, and if he is still taking his food a small drop of olive oil on his greens or a roach or two. This has helped me in the past with beardies who haven't had a healthy poop in awhile. Best of luck.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom