Bearded dragon health

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like it's gone back to normal for now. As karrie mentioned , it's critical to have good uvb bulbs but sadly the stores sell the coil + compacts for cheaper or they sell them with a " kit " and they aren't strong enough for most reptiles. For now get him in the sun every day, he can't move fast so you can sit in the grass with him for a hour or so every day.

All of his health problems are from lack of uvb, as well as the female that died before she could lay eggs. One thing you mentioned that is concerning, that he flew against the door when the car driver turned a corner. How did that happen ? I see people posting pics of beardies on dashboards and it's so unsafe.

Mona

Original Poster
It looks like it's gone back to normal for now. As karrie mentioned , it's critical to have good uvb bulbs but sadly the stores sell the coil + compacts for cheaper or they sell them with a " kit " and they aren't strong enough for most reptiles. For now get him in the sun every day, he can't move fast so you can sit in the grass with him for a hour or so every day.

All of his health problems are from lack of uvb, as well as the female that died before she could lay eggs. One thing you mentioned that is concerning, that he flew against the door when the car driver turned a corner. How did that happen ? I see people posting pics of beardies on dashboards and it's so unsafe.
We were in the backseat and the driver without warning, made the turn too quick. I checked him all around and he moved to my side but had dragged towards me. He is slowly moving his back legs

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did he have trouble with his legs right after incident in the car ? Or was it happening before that ? But yeah, keep getting him in the sun and offer good greens if he'll eat them.

Mona

Original Poster
Did he have trouble with his legs right after incident in the car ? Or was it happening before that ? But yeah, keep getting him in the sun and offer good greens if he'll eat them.
I recall his legs spasm before but that was the first day he began dragging his legs

Mona

Original Poster

Attachments

• 20220805_184701.jpg
    20220805_184701.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕
There is something wrong with my beardies left eye!! I included a picture where it shows what her right eye looks like then the others are what her left eye is. She always has it closed (as much as she can) and she finally opened it for a bit when i misted her. I don’t know what i could be doing wrong and it’s not from sand because she doesn’t have it in her cage.
This is a message for all Bearded Dragon owners: do NOT feed your Dragon pellets! Feeding your Dragon pellets can cause SICKNESS and GREAT HARM! So please, do NOT feed your Dragon pellets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlily
Top Bottom