Bearded dragon health

Mona

Hi I have a bearded dragon and he's 4 years in December but he's been eating crickets and meal worms and greens coated with calcium dust but recently his legs started spasming and only used his front today. Hes been also pooping alot just today and it didnt help the driver made a fast turn and vader from the force fell off and hit against the car door. Can someone please help me
16595906835095549630579058326180.jpg
?

Mona

Original Poster
Hi I have a bearded dragon and he's 4 years in December but he's been eating crickets and meal worms and greens coated with calcium dust but recently his legs started spasming and only used his front today. Hes been also pooping alot just today and it didnt help the driver made a fast turn and vader from the force fell off and hit against the car door. Can someone please help me View attachment 72508 ?
And today his partner cadeus recently today passed away due to the eggs and pushing too much. Please can someone help me?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please read this thread from last night.
It directly correlates to your thread, but is to long for me to retype atm.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a uvb? Are you using calcium D3 or regular calcium? How often are you dusting the bugs?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I learned it can be impaction the only downside is I don't have the finances
When was the last time he pooped? What kind of substrate? Basking temps and how are you taking them? Uvb is a coil or long tube fixture? These all play a role in impaction and Mbd-

Mona

Original Poster
He pooped yesterday and he pooped a bit more after massaging his belly.
The uvb is a long tube and basking is 100 but have one that control the temp so I keep it a bit low in the 80s since the house heats up quick and try to wet him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He pooped yesterday and he pooped a bit more after massaging his belly.
The uvb is a long tube and basking is 100 but have one that control the temp so I keep it a bit low in the 80s since the house heats up quick and try to wet him
Basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- those are surface basking temps - 80 for ambient on cool side is good - if it's on basking side he cannot start digestion process thus impaction- uvb is a T 5 or a T 8? These bulbs have certain distance and placement - if he's not getting adequate uvb it will cause all kinds of health issues - please tell me the bulb and where it is top of screen or inside the tank?

Mona

Original Poster
Basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- those are surface basking temps - 80 for ambient on cool side is good - if it's on basking side he cannot start digestion process thus impaction- uvb is a T 5 or a T 8? These bulbs have certain distance and placement - if he's not getting adequate uvb it will cause all kinds of health issues - please tell me the bulb and where it is top of screen or inside the tank?
On the top next to the screen the uvb, it's this one and it's next to the screen on those clips holders type

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-084226_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-084226_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 66

Mona

Original Poster
I have also taken him outside when the sun is out.
What was recent is getting those clips bulb out for reptiles

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have also taken him outside when the sun is out.
What was recent is getting those clips bulb out for reptiles
Please get rid of the coil - they are terrible uvbs- you want a 24" zoo med w/ a 22" reptisun bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb bulb - that one pet Smart has started carrying- but you really need to get this replaced as soon as possible -- keep taking him outside for good UVB 15 minutes in direct sun sitting on you - if you use a plastic tote make sure your supervising him -- you dont want to burn him up -- if you need links for the UVB's please let me know I will post them for you ---

Mona

Original Poster
Please get rid of the coil - they are terrible uvbs- you want a 24" zoo med w/ a 22" reptisun bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb bulb - that one pet Smart has started carrying- but you really need to get this replaced as soon as possible -- keep taking him outside for good UVB 15 minutes in direct sun sitting on you - if you use a plastic tote make sure your supervising him -- you dont want to burn him up -- if you need links for the UVB's please let me know I will post them for you ---
Please send them so I can see

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom