Bearded Dragon Has Not Pooped

Beardie name(s)
LJ
I moved about 6 days ago and my bearded dragon is taking it really hard. She has not pooped at all since the move and will only eat bugs. (This is unusual, as she used to love blueberries). I gave her a soak the other day, no poop. I am trying again this morning but I am getting really nervous. On top of not pooping, she is really stressed. I have a camera on her and as soon as I go to work she goes into the shade and puffs. Please help, I just want her to be happy and comfortable.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
How old is she? And can you go over her lighting setups first, what uvb and basking bulb, what’s the temperature in her tank (basking spot temp, cool side temp etc.) since moving, whether you’re taking these temperatures with a probe thermometer or not. Also some info on her usual diet would be great. You wanna get these correct because it’s crucial for her especially after relocation 🙂

In the mean time it’s best you don’t feed her bugs until she passes a poop. You can syringe feed her some pumpkin purée/apple sauce (unseasoned) with a drop of olive oil, a couple times a day, to help her poop. Poor girl, I hope she adjusts to her new environment soon :(

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
Thank you so much! I FINALLY got her to poop in her bath this morning. She has a T5/T8 combo bulb at the moment. I’m afraid it’s not long enough, so just ordered the 21” Arcadia t5 12%. I’m hoping this will make her happier. Do you have any suggestions on how to get her to eat her fruits and greens while she is stressed? She’s unfortunately is not a huge fan of bee pollen, she never has been.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you so much! I FINALLY got her to poop in her bath this morning. She has a T5/T8 combo bulb at the moment. I’m afraid it’s not long enough, so just ordered the 21” Arcadia t5 12%. I’m hoping this will make her happier. Do you have any suggestions on how to get her to eat her fruits and greens while she is stressed? She’s unfortunately is not a huge fan of bee pollen, she never has been.
What is a combo T5/ T8 ? Meaning you have both in the tank they should be separate fixtures--- If you have one of each please use the T 5 only --- you do not need the whole thing covering the tank --- she will hide from it ---- get some BSFL use them as salad lures to the bowl Amazon.com
feed first thing in the morning breakfast - use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder and a great compliment to the other insect your using -- give her time to adjust to the new surroundings --- please feed the blueberries sparingly they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes -- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps- 95-100

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
What is a combo T5/ T8 ? Meaning you have both in the tank they should be separate fixtures--- If you have one of each please use the T 5 only --- you do not need the whole thing covering the tank --- she will hide from it ---- get some BSFL use them as salad lures to the bowl Amazon.com
feed first thing in the morning breakfast - use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder and a great compliment to the other insect your using -- give her time to adjust to the new surroundings --- please feed the blueberries sparingly they are high in sugar and can cause diabetes -- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to get actual surface basking temps- 95-100
The bulb is half t5, half t8. I should not get a long bulb? All other sources suggest you need one that covers have the tank, so I’m quite honestly confused. Also, what is BSFL?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She picks around the salad for the bugs, mixing it does not work well
So you have two long fixtures in the tank? Or are you using a coil which would be in a dome? Black soldier fly larvae BSFL--- they are small so she would need to be really picky about getting them - if you put enough on the salad shes gonna get some of those greens - also silk worms will work too -- they STICK to everything -- they are another good staple feeder -
www.symtonbsf.com --- order large
www.reptilianarts.com

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
I have a coil in a dome. I’m going to upgrade to a long bulb this week. Once they get lost in her salad she doesn’t care to look for them because she hates greens that much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a coil in a dome. I’m going to upgrade to a long bulb this week. Once they get lost in her salad she doesn’t care to look for them because she hates greens that much!
Here are the ones we recommend here ---
24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up distance and placement is different from the bulb you want 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one --- check Pet Smart they are now carrying these
24" Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Heating & Lighting | PetSmart you want the 12% bulb
When you get the fixture please post back on here and I will help you place it for your tank - the screen is going to determine where the UVB needs to be
If there is enough movement in the bowl she will go for it --- silk worms are bigger like the super worms - and they stick to the greens --

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
Here are the ones we recommend here ---
24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up distance and placement is different from the bulb you want 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one --- check Pet Smart they are now carrying these
24" Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Heating & Lighting | PetSmart you want the 12% bulb
When you get the fixture please post back on here and I will help you place it for your tank - the screen is going to determine where the UVB needs to be
If there is enough movement in the bowl she will go for it --- silk worms are bigger like the super worms - and they stick to the greens --
I’m picking up the Arcadia 24Watt today. Will it be okay on top of the screen? It’s a metal screen but the holes are fairly large.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’m picking up the Arcadia 24Watt today. Will it be okay on top of the screen? It’s a metal screen but the holes are fairly large.
Yes make sure the basking decor piece is directly under it 8-10 inches --- watch his behavior and keep us updated please

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
Thank you so much! I will let you know how she adjusts to the new fixture. As for the relocation stress, she seems to be doing better today after pooping. Hopefully we will make progress daily!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes make sure the basking decor piece is directly under it 8-10 inches --- watch his behavior and keep us updated please

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom