Bearded Dragon has Misshapen Retina!

BradyRowe

Original Poster
Bearded dragon has misshapen Retina:

Hello, this is my first time typing here and i have noticed something recently with my bearded dragon, Clementine. She seems to have an off shaped retina, I noticed recently that her left eye seems to be misshapen and not a circle like here right eye. It doesn't seem to affect here vision at all, and she seems to be able to see just fine, she has been notorious for being clumsy in her tank and accidentally damaging herself before on logs, so my best guess is that. I have scoured the internet and have found nothing relating to her condition. What could it be? Please Help!

Her Right Eye
WIN_20220415_22_08_58_Pro.jpg

Her Left Eye
WIN_20220415_22_06_40_Pro.jpg

If anyone needs better photos that show more detail, I can try to get better ones, but this is all I could get from her today.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello,

Yes we definitely need some better photos. It looks like her eye is sagging. What are her light fixtures? Please no coils. Coils cause too many health issues. What are her temperatures on her basking spot and her cool side? What is the tank size?

BradyRowe

Original Poster
Hello,

Yes we definitely need some better photos. It looks like her eye is sagging. What are her light fixtures? Please no coils. Coils cause too many health issues. What are her temperatures on her basking spot and her cool side? What is the tank size?
She has an all-in-one mercury vapor bulb, the bulb is 160W. Her tank size is a four foot by 2 foot and her basking spot is sitting at 106 F and her cool side is sitting at 81 F.
WIN_20220416_15_37_26_Pro.jpg
I hope this photo is a little better

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom