Bearded dragon has an adnexal cystadenoma in left eye

tammy1979

Original Poster
IMG_20220506_121302.jpg

tammy1979

Original Poster
Not by a vet. I took her to 2 vets and they said they don't know what it is. Then I researched on the internet and it looks like the eye of a beardie with that diagnosis
IMG_20220506_121302.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw poor baby, my heart goes out to you + your beardie. Someone will be on later in the evening that may know more about this[ Drache613 ] Other mods. might have some in put, they are Cooperdragon and Claudiusx. Try to get a network of people that might know a vet that can deal with this. How is her activity and appetite ?

tammy1979

Original Poster
Aw poor baby, my heart goes out to you + your beardie. Someone will be on later in the evening that may know more about this[ Drache613 ] Other mods. might have some in put, they are Cooperdragon and Claudiusx. Try to get a network of people that might know a vet that can deal with this. How is her activity and appetite ?
This has been heartbreaking to see her like this and not knowing if she's suffering in pain. It looks painful and pussing now. Her activity and appetite have decreased. She's been like this for over a year.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long did it take to get like this and what was her set up like ? Name everything you can remember, did anything seem to possibly start the swelling ? Substrate, maybe scratching it etc ?

tammy1979

Original Poster
How long did it take to get like this and what was her set up like ? Name everything you can remember, did anything seem to possibly start the swelling ? Substrate, maybe scratching it etc ?
Yes we had reptile sand in her cage and she kept digging. We had no idea why she was acting so weird until we later discovered that she was laying eggs which is why she was digging. Well she got the sand in her eyes a few times. I took a medicine syringe and flushed it out with sterile water and she was fine then she got sand in it again and wasn't the same after that. It slowly swelled up to what you see in picture. We thought this is how it happened but the vet said this wasn't caused by sand in the eye however this is the same vet that said he doesn't know what this is so I'm not sure

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom