Bearded dragon HARDLY EVER POOPS and won’t eat greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can feed him some canned plain pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce -- feed till he poops -- I would recommend a hide for him --- make sure basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your UVB is correctly placed w/ distance those two things are the MOST important things in the tank and promote digestion --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You want him to go on his own keep him hydrated and just feed the pumpkin till he goes I wouldn't think it will be too long

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing?
I would continue giving some softer foods, for awhile longer to keep his system moving
along. Hydration is important so continue to give extra oral fluids. Hopefully he feels
better soon. They can go several weeks without going to the bathroom, or longer if they
are slowing down for brumation.
Did you get another screen top so that he can get stronger UVB?

Tracie

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
I actually just took the screen off so he gets his UVB! And I have been soaking him every other day about in a warm bath for about 15-20 minutes, so I’m keeping him hydrated. I’m going to try to give him applesauce but he is super picky so I honestly doubt he will eat it. I’ve tried the pumpkin and squash purée and he didn’t touch it. I’ll keep offering it though so hopefully he eats some of it eventually!

Srgeorge2177

Original Poster
Update: I gave him some unsweetened apple sauce and I think he actually ate some of it because I put blueberries in it to temp him. He ended up pooping SO MUCH about an hour later. Now he has the zooms and super active he probably feels so much better!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Wow that worked fast --- well lets hope hes feeling better now -- they usually get real active after a poop and if he had a blow out he probably really feels better :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news that he isn't impacted anyway.
I think he probably does feel quite a bit better. The applesauce & pumpkin, etc usually works
pretty quickly.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom