bearded dragon freaks out when he is outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoota

ok so we had some nice weather today and i thought it wud be nice for my bearded dragon to get some real sun, so i took him outside for the first time, he was fine well in my hands and on my lap. i put him on the floor so he cud have a little run around and almost instantley he started to black bearded and open his mouth he also tryed to run away from me , which he has never done inside!!
now is this because its his first time?? or was i doing something wrong?

regards chris

studmule

Something probably just spooked him, like maybe a bird. I would also suggest you get a leash for him. I almost lost Reggie once. He was just chilling in the sun, then all of a sudden took off like a bat out of hell and got under a fence into some really thick brush and I was lucky to find him.

smoota

Original Poster
yeh he was on a lead thank god, he is so fast! so is the black bearded normal then, when i picked him up he didnt try to bit me or anything.
it was his first time so maybe he will get better with being outside.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
It's instinct to go into protection mode when they are outside where there are predators. It's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom