Bearded dragon fell while dead asleep and landed on his head

caleb mccune

My bearded dragon was laying on a pillow and fell about 8 inches off onto the bed and rolled onto his head he seems normal nice Color moves it nothing odd but im scared he is hurt cause he was sleeping and all he will do is go back to bed or sit and look which is normal he is normally sleeping im just worried

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is he black bearding?
If he is in pain his beard will likely be black. 8 inches isn't that far to fall. If he isnt black bearding, just keep an eye on him for a few days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is probably fine, but as suggested, keep
an eye on him for behavior changes, lack of
appetite, lethargic behavior, black bearding,
etc. Since he was asleep, he likely didn't
stiffen up or flail around & get injured.
At 8 inches, luckily that isn't too far of a fall.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

caleb mccune

Original Poster
He seems completely fine this morning he holds his head up high and has stayed a light color all day I say he is fine! Thank you I just get so worried I think him just only caring about going back to sleep freaked me out lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, it sounds like he will be just fine then. Since his beard isn't black & he is alert it doesn't sound
like he hurt himself!

Tracie

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom