Bearded Dragon does not eat, but he is active

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGBence

my bearded dragon doesn't ate for almost 2 weeks. and didn't poop for a week. He is active but doesn't have a black beard or black tail. I transported him to paper towel, before towels he was on 70% rock and 30% bearded dragon sand. He has a constant 95 F on the hot side and around 78-85 in the cold. I sprayed him with water every 2 days. His tummy doesn't feel hard or impacted. Can he have impaction or what? Please help me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer and how old is the dragon? Also UVB it is extremely important for the over all health and behavior of the dragon--- what are you using where in the tank is it --------------PLEASE NO COILS --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you have pictures, definitely post them for us. We can help review your tank setup with
you to be sure it is all setup properly.
There are a lot of reasons they stop eating.

Tracie

TGBence

Original Poster
111994-1862916020.jpg
Drache613":3hdk4lqe said:
Hello,

If you have pictures, definitely post them for us. We can help review your tank setup with
you to be sure it is all setup properly.
There are a lot of reasons they stop eating.

Tracie

95cm x 37cm x 75 cm
around 69.48 gallon

TGBence

Original Poster
KarrieRee":309dewkx said:
Basking temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer and how old is the dragon? Also UVB it is extremely important for the over all health and behavior of the dragon--- what are you using where in the tank is it --------------PLEASE NO COILS --

Basking Temp is around 97.8 F / 36.5 C

I use a 60cm, 18W, Desert UVB tube, it is around 3.5 months old

And about Tony, he is a male, he is 14.5 months old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a fixture w / a reflector - your UVB rays are bouncing all over the tank and he basically isnt getting any - the T 8 needs to be directly over him of 6-8 inches -- please do this ASAP- or you can upgrade and get this for him - https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-desert-12/
it needs to be 12-15 inches directly over him --- how tall is the tank? It needs to be atleast 18 inches for the T 5 -- I also would replace the basking bulb it should be a bright white bulb no off white or yellowish bulbs please and I dont see any temp gauges in the tank -- please get some 2 digital probe thermometers as well https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-digital-thermometer/
and a digital hygrometer I would get them separate from the combo ones - the one here looks like it has only one probe -

TGBence

Original Poster
KarrieRee":mpiut3gk said:
Please get a fixture w / a reflector - your UVB rays are bouncing all over the tank and he basically isnt getting any - the T 8 needs to be directly over him of 6-8 inches -- please do this ASAP- or you can upgrade and get this for him - https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-desert-12/
it needs to be 12-15 inches directly over him --- how tall is the tank? It needs to be atleast 18 inches for the T 5 -- I also would replace the basking bulb it should be a bright white bulb no off white or yellowish bulbs please and I dont see any temp gauges in the tank -- please get some 2 digital probe thermometers as well https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-digital-thermometer/
and a digital hygrometer I would get them separate from the combo ones - the one here looks like it has only one probe -

I have an IR temp gun, and the humidity meter in on the inner sliding door, but I had to remove the doors for better quality.

The encl. is 37cm / 14.5 inch tall.
His basking spot is 49.5cm /19.5 inches far from the UVB tube

I will get that reflector kit for the UVB asap

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so please stay w/ the T 8 your tank is not high enough and the fixture needs to be dropped down to 6-8 inches directly above him --- the distance at this point is too high as well -- please make adjustments and watch his behavior -- I would also look at getting a bigger tank -- I have not seen such a low tank before --- and invest in some digital probe thermometers as well -- I would look at getting him a 75-120 gallon tank or 4x2x2 tank --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom