Bearded dragon cyst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikayla65

So my beardie had a broken jaw a while back and I took him to my vet to get him treated and they had a fallow up appointment and they told me he should be good from then on so I took him home and he was doing good for a while. He’s now in the vet again because his beard swelled back up and he wasn’t very active. At first we thought it was because he was holding food in his beard, storing it. I read online that it was relatively normal so I stopped feeding him for the day and started giving him water (since he hadn’t been drinking any) his beard went down a little after I did that so I thought maybe he was just dehydrated and holding food in his mouth because he had been constipated. I gave him a bath and he pooped. It was hard as a rock but he started running around after that. I still wanted to take him to the vet and I have. His beard is large.. they told me he has a cyst but the vet is very all over place and they don’t actually seem to know what’s wrong with him and I’m wondering if I should take him to a different vet.. his beard is large but not black he hasn’t been responding to anything they’ve given him. It’s also large all over the beard not that in one spot

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We can review your tank setup such as the type/brand of UVB lighting,
supplementation, etc if you need. Did he get diagnosed with metabolic
bone disease?
His entire beard is swollen? Pictures would be great if you can get them.
What medication did the vet give him for the cyst?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So my beardie had a broken jaw a while back and I took him to my vet to get him treated and they had a fallow up appointment and they told me he should be good from then on so I took him home and he was doing good for a while. He’s now in the vet again because his beard swelled back up and he wasn’t very active. At first we thought it was because he was holding food in his beard, storing it. I read online that it was relatively normal so I stopped feeding him for the day and started giving him water (since he hadn’t been drinking any) his beard went down a little after I did that so I thought maybe he was just dehydrated and holding food in his mouth because he had been constipated. I gave him a bath and he pooped. It was hard as a rock but he started running around after that. I still wanted to take him to the vet and I have. His beard is large.. they told me he has a cyst but the vet is very all over place and they don’t actually seem to know what’s wrong with him and I’m wondering if I should take him to a different vet.. his beard is large but not black he hasn’t been responding to anything they’ve given him. It’s also large all over the beard not that in one spot
Please post pics of the beard
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The XIMG functionality and the user image upload tool no longer exist. You can now just attach an image directly to a reply/post.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us? I would consider getting the current vet to take fluid or aspirate fluids if possible,
from the cyst to help determine what the fluid if any, is comprised of.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom