Bearded dragon claw

Larrys owner

Beardie name(s)
Larry
Can anyone help me about my dragons claw? I just noticed this when giving him a bath and I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been like this for long should I take him to the vet?

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 61

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
more than likely it is because the nail is so long. it doesn't look damaged or anything like that. there are tons of videos out there on how to trim them. you just cut off the thin, pokey dagger part at the end. some dragons are chill with that, others aren't. we always wait until sir henry is super passed out asleep and then do his.

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
I read some other post and I think he might have got it caught in his hammock because none of his other claws are like crooked like that. I do cut his nails I just haven’t cut this one because I think it gets irritated because he always moves his claw away when I try to cut it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I read some other post and I think he might have got it caught in his hammock because none of his other claws are like crooked like that. I do cut his nails I just haven’t cut this one because I think it gets irritated because he always moves his claw away when I try to cut it.
What kind of hammock? Grass and the green mesh are notorious for getting nails caught- you can swap it out for a fleece or cloth - www.etsy.com or www.pamperedbeardies.org

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom