Bearded dragon can’t break water in lungs

Noogai16

Original Poster
Someone please help, he drank water now he’s breathing heavy, puffing up, making wheezing sound, IS HE DYING?!?!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep him tilted at a downward angle to help his lungs drain naturally. Did he aspirate in the bath?

Happened to one of mine too once. keep him warm tonight and if he's sleeping, try to make him sleep at the same downward angle.

-Brandon

Noogai16

Original Poster
Keep him tilted at a downward angle to help his lungs drain naturally. Did he aspirate in the bath?

Happened to one of mine too once. keep him warm tonight and if he's sleeping, try to make him sleep at the same downward angle.

-Brandon
I believe he did, I’ve been tilting him over for a while now and he keeps leaking water

Noogai16

Original Poster

-Brandon
The first couple times I tilted him he threw up the water but now he’s just breathing heavily after all that.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, he still is able to breathe. As long as water is still coming out, keep him titled. And keep him warm tonight. It is going to take awhile for him to recover fully, you just want to make sure that you keep your husbandry up to par and keep him warm to lower the chances of him developing an URI.

Heavy breathing is going to be normal, so will some mucus probably as the hours/days go on. It's part of how the body fights to expel the contaminants (water) in the lungs.

If you have a CHE, try to keep him around 70-75 while he sleeps.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is going to be ok. As suggested, try to keep him a little warmer overnight to help
boost his system.
If you can, place him on a slight decline overnight, to help any excess fluids drain out.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Noogai16

Original Poster
Yes, he still is able to breathe. As long as water is still coming out, keep him titled. And keep him warm tonight. It is going to take awhile for him to recover fully, you just want to make sure that you keep your husbandry up to par and keep him warm to lower the chances of him developing an URI.

Heavy breathing is going to be normal, so will some mucus probably as the hours/days go on. It's part of how the body fights to expel the contaminants (water) in the lungs.

If you have a CHE, try to keep him around 70-75 while he sleeps.

-Brandon
You’re a life saver! Thank you! I panicked because I didn’t know if what I was doing was helping or not. I have a heat emitter ready for him and I’m gonna be keeping an eye on him even more

Noogai16

Original Poster
Hello,

I hope he is going to be ok. As suggested, try to keep him a little warmer overnight to help
boost his system.
If you can, place him on a slight decline overnight, to help any excess fluids drain out.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Will do

Noogai16

Original Poster
Update: He’s doing fine this morning, a little heavy breathing and I saw him gaping under his basking lamp, most likely because he was too hot

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is doing better today! Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight,
for a few days to help boost his immune system. Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie

Noogai16

Original Poster
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is doing better today! Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight,
for a few days to help boost his immune system. Keep us posted on his progress.

Tracie
He’s doing good, I’ve been keeping him warm at night at a cozy 80-85 degrees with a ceramic heat emitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom