Bearded dragon bulging eyes for over 3 years, multiple vets to no avail (Super experienced vets appreciated)

Dagnarok

Original Poster
Can you post the bloodwork? If you don't have it, your vet should be more than willing to send you a copy of it. After all, you paid for it.

-Brandon
I'll go back to Park animal hospital and ask them to do a new workup, any recommendations on what to ask for in the test specifically? I refuse to go back to Aloha animal hospital or Lone mountain animal hospital because I believe they contributed to my beautiful baby MeKoos death.

2023-02-17-r-i-p-card-with-name-and-photo-edit-1676604963017.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you have a copy of the blood test that would be great.
The basking light sounds fine, if it's not a Reveal natural daylight which has a bluish tinted
coating of neodymium. Bright white lighting is best. Oh I see the Zoomed basking, that will
be fine for him.
Are the basking temperatures good also?
If the size has remained the same & seemingly are not changing then, it may be the genetic
morph of Frog eyes as it is called but I cannot be sure on that one.
Can he eat without too much trouble then?

Tracie

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
Ive seen Kugmo and mekoo on social media before I'm so shocked to hear she passed away. I'm so sorry for your loss. Zeros are more prone to those kinds of conditions I hear. She was such a gorgeous girl.

I remember seeing kugmos eyes and wondered if it was a condition or he was just an old man or something, I've seen some older beardids with older beardie health issues resulting in the eye bulg but if his labs are all normal then maybe it is a genetic thing. I hope he's okay 🥺

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going, is he still basking
normally & eating?
Please post a copy of the blood test if you
are able to get a copy of it, thanks.

Tracie

Dagnarok

Original Poster
Hello,

How are things going, is he still basking
normally & eating?
Please post a copy of the blood test if you
are able to get a copy of it, thanks.

Tracie
He's been like this for 3 or 4 years now, the part that makes me sad is that he has trouble seeing, he can still catch his worms but it takes many tries so my wife and I mainly hand-feed him, he's a spoiled little emperor lol

Here are some videos of him trying to eat, although he's always gone crazy for bananas if we open one across the room he can smell it and starts licking like crazy haha

https://www.tiktok.com/video/7194658993212509483
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7194321732952558894

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is such a little cutie, absolutely precious.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH so sweet though. I am sorry that he has so much trouble, but he has you to help
him out. I wonder if the size or the swelling from around the eye orbit causes pressure
on the nerve causing vision trouble.
I am glad he doesn't give up.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Just checking on your dragon, hoping he is still doing well. Let us know
how he is doing!

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My 2 beardie's eyes are the same. both about a year now. No one can answer me as to why they are big like they are. Everything with their lights and UVB are dead on, so I have no idea why they are like this. I will follow to see if you come up with anything. Only thing we both have in common is living in the desert, I lived about an hour south of Vegas.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom