Bearded Dragon Bit My Dog?

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon Zym is usually a sweetheart even though he can be hyper. In the beginning, my dog would sniff near my dragon but never did anything. She soon learned to leave Zym alone so I’d let them both be outside in the backyard. (I’d watch Zym 100% of the time) Today, Zym ran really fast over to my dog who was sleeping, bobbed his head, and BIT HER! My dog woke up frightened but only looked at Zym. Luckily, she is a good and old dog so she didn’t do anything. I moved Zym away, pet my dog, and took Zym inside. Is this normal? A bearded dragon who made an effort to run over and bite a sleeping dog who has done nothing?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Generally beardies aren’t friendly towards other animals, and it’s very likely he was afraid of the dog and tried to defend himself against it, but the head bobbing and running over to bite implies he may have been trying to flirt with your dog, hormonal male beardies can be dumb like that sometimes lol.

But overall, it’s far safer for both of them to not let them near each other at all, don’t allow them to have any potential contact. Beardies get scared easily and dogs can be overly friendly and can accidentally hurt a beardie. Hope your dog’s okay!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom