bearded dragon ate stink bug

natnat

Hi my beardie just ate a stink bug he seems ok. I was going to go get some activated charcoal just in case but what kind should I get?? I was going to do the activated charcoal parsley thing.

natnat

Original Poster
I went ahead and gave him some parsley slurry with a small amount of powder from an activated charcoal tablet just in case. I called the local vet ER and they said its probably fine. Do you think I should try and feed him to just like clear his system more quickly?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I went ahead and gave him some parsley slurry with a small amount of powder from an activated charcoal tablet just in case. I called the local vet ER and they said its probably fine. Do you think I should try and feed him to just like clear his system more quickly?
He will be fine -- if it had been alot you would of seen a different reaction from him --- one is not going to hurt --- but you were be cautious so that was good --- yes see if he will eat --- no black bearding is good

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A little late weighing in but it sounds like you got him treated. Activated charcoal is great along with the
parsley, mint, etc should work well. You can definitely try to get some food into him, if he is acting normal.
He doesn't have a black beard?
Luckily they aren't really that toxic, but enough to make them foam at the mouth possibly. Hopefully the
taste or smell will be enough for him not to eat another one in the future!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom