Bearded Dragon Ate a Dandelion and started puffing and freaking out (he seems totally fine now)

Asher3105

Hello, I am mostly just writing this because i couldn't find anything on google, and it was a very strange moment. i had taken my bearded dragon outside for some sun and for his zoomies, and it went totally fine, he even ate a different dandelion flower while we were out there. i picked him another one and we came in side, so i put it in his food bowl and he ate it (whole if that helps) and then almost immediately started freaking out, puffing, bobbing, and trashing almost. he didn't make any choking or gagging noises, but he did gape a few times too, then like after little bit (like not even 30 seconds) he was fine. and he is still fine. breathing normally, basking with out a care. hes like...perfectly fine. so i dont know if it just...was to big of a bite? tickled weird? didn't taste good? i would imagine that if he was choking he would have panted, or rasped, or something? i don't know loll more just curious if this has happened to anyone else then in any need of help. thanks for reading :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I am mostly just writing this because i couldn't find anything on google, and it was a very strange moment. i had taken my bearded dragon outside for some sun and for his zoomies, and it went totally fine, he even ate a different dandelion flower while we were out there. i picked him another one and we came in side, so i put it in his food bowl and he ate it (whole if that helps) and then almost immediately started freaking out, puffing, bobbing, and trashing almost. he didn't make any choking or gagging noises, but he did gape a few times too, then like after little bit (like not even 30 seconds) he was fine. and he is still fine. breathing normally, basking with out a care. hes like...perfectly fine. so i dont know if it just...was to big of a bite? tickled weird? didn't taste good? i would imagine that if he was choking he would have panted, or rasped, or something? i don't know loll more just curious if this has happened to anyone else then in any need of help. thanks for reading :)
Those dandelions were they sprayed? Any black bearding going on at the time?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is your dragon back to normal? I agree, it is possible that there might have been some pesticides
sprayed on it, but, hopefully not.
Did he maybe inhale some pollen from the flower?? Just putting ideas out there. The main thing is
that he is doing ok.

Tracie

Asher3105

Original Poster
Hello,

Is your dragon back to normal? I agree, it is possible that there might have been some pesticides
sprayed on it, but, hopefully not.
Did he maybe inhale some pollen from the flower?? Just putting ideas out there. The main thing is
that he is doing ok.

Tracie

hello! today he was perfectly fine! normal appetite, no signs of stress, nothing abnormal. so i am wondering if he inhaled some pollen or if it was too big of a bite or something. the flowers were both in untamed areas of our yards as well, and he didn't have a reaction to the first flower he ate. thanks for your reply!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he is normal now & doesn't seem to be having any type of reaction. It is a big
probability that he got some excess pollen perhaps, poor guy! Maybe he got some extra nutrition
though.

Tracie

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
I know it's a bit late, but dandelion (not sprayed) is perfectly fine. Thing is they may not like it lol My little girls first time she gave me the evil eye and only hand fed roaches for a couple weeks before she started eating her greens (including dandelion I grow) again lol Zero trust.

But, it hasn't stopped her trying yummier flowers like clovers.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? Has he had any
other episodes like that one, or was that just
a one time issue?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom