Bearded dragon acting weird. How do I bond with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy the Bearded Dragon

Original Poster
Hello! My bearded dragons name is Buddy. Some info about him and his enclosure. He might be about 2-3 months old. The first time I got him he had already shed. You could see some skin on his nails and feet. He has a petty big enclosure and he has UVB lights. They have the right temperature so I don’t worry about that. He eats crickets and we bought the food they were feeding him at the store. He is a Fancy Bearded Dragon. To be honest we don’t know if he’s a boy or girl but I just say “he”. So the problem I’m having is that I don’t really see him eating his food like before. I don’t see him drinking water like he used to. He’s been active though. He was in brumation for a bit so I didn’t pick him for a while. So when he was finally getting out of his hide out I left him alone for a while more then I tried to pick him up and he ran away. He has done that a few times but he eventually stopped. And now he has started again. Like I said before he hasn’t been eating or drinking like he was before the brumation. He looks a bit skinnier now. But maybe that’s just because he hasn’t flatten out. And when I take him out of his cage he always runs away and I have to catch him before he goes too far. But I think he might shed again. I just want to make sure he’s ok. Also what can I do to warm up to him? How do I get him to eat salad? What can I do to make him grow faster? Sorry I’m a noob.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Don't trip we were all noobs at one point. A lot of great people on here that will help you and your beardie along your journey. How long have you had it at the house the reason I ask is because a lot of time they have relocation stress which would have to do with the change in appetite. I had my baby for a few weeks before it stopped jumping around when I take it out. Hand feeding the baby will create trust too. You mentioned you got it at a store what kind of UVB light did you get. Temperatures and the ultraviolet light are the two most important things in the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Don't trip we were all noobs at one point. A lot of great people on here that will help you and your beardie along your journey. How long have you had it at the house the reason I ask is because a lot of time they have relocation stress which would have to do with the change in appetite. I had my baby for a few weeks before it stopped jumping around when I take it out. Hand feeding the baby will create trust too. You mentioned you got it at a store what kind of UVB light did you get. Temperatures and the ultraviolet light are the two most important things in the tank?
Welcome to the forum - first thing I would slow down on the handling - hes very young scared and is going thru relocation stress - he needs time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings - you can put a piece of clothing or a fleece blanket in his hide something w/ your smell on it to get him used to you- trust and patience is key here - he will need to learn to trust you and you will need to have some patience w/ him - please approach from the side and not over head they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators - I would get him some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com maybe start w/ medium size - use those to hand feed him this will start hand taming him then use as many as you want on top of his salads - they are a great staple feeder for babies and great compliment to his main insect add them to the salads in front of him this will lure him to the bowl -- you will need a bowl like this to keep the BSFL in and if you get dubia roaches they can be added to the salads as well https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
basking surface temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good long tube UVB are key to getting him acclimated to the tank and surroundings - these are extremely important - if you need more help on this please ask

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Hopefully things are going well. We would love to k ow what kind of equipment your using? uvb and temps in tank? the beardie will not thrive if these thigs are not on point

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few pics of Buddy and all of his enclosure, including lights ? And if he's 2-3 months he was not brumating, babies don't brumate. They hide when they're stressed or not feeling well in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom