Bearded Dragon’s tail white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwyman97

My bearded dragon has a small part of his tail that is white. The scales are coming off - not sure if it’s shedding. When I touch it he doesn’t react - I don’t think it’s painful to him. Not sure if it’s shed either, he’s never she’d like this before where it’s a small part of his tail.

Attachments

• 8E56DCFB-8AEE-40F9-9B3B-B01E54371CF1.jpeg
    8E56DCFB-8AEE-40F9-9B3B-B01E54371CF1.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 4843FF29-A788-4D9A-BF23-D6374C86F3DC.jpeg
    4843FF29-A788-4D9A-BF23-D6374C86F3DC.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 89

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi mw, it looks like there's a slight indentation there as well. I take it he's housed alone, was there a strip of tight shed there that he might have bitten ? Any chance that his tail got stuck under something heavy or caught in the door of the enclosure or somewhere else ?

mwyman97

Original Poster
Hi mw, it looks like there's a slight indentation there as well. I take it he's housed alone, was there a strip of tight shed there that he might have bitten ? Any chance that his tail got stuck under something heavy or caught in the door of the enclosure or somewhere else ?
He's had that since the day I've gotten him. Always has been indented. Took him to the vet last year (not because of that) but they didn't say anything of it. Not sure if he got it stuck or anything. I doubt it though

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How's the tail, is there any change ? You can use raw honey or Neosporin on if it seems to be getting worse. Having a vet check it is also an option .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom