Beard color

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Hi
I'm new and this is my first post, besides English is not my native language and I apologize in advance if I write with errors!
I have been reading the forum for a long time, but a question appeared and I decided to write.
Our Foxy is 9 months old, we got him when he was 4 months.
Since then, we have never seen him have a black beard.
Is it possible that a dragon's beard never turns black? Or are we just too small yet?
I worry that I won’t be able to understand if Foxy doesn’t like something or hurts, he won’t be able to show me with the color of his beard that he doesn’t like something.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Thank you!
Yes he is only one in our home.
But when he wanders around the rooms and meets the reflection in the mirror, he bob his head very actively, while the beard is not black. Looks like he's a good soul :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you!
Yes he is only one in our home.
But when he wanders around the rooms and meets the reflection in the mirror, he bob his head very actively, while the beard is not black. Looks like he's a good soul :)
Reflections will stress him out that's when your going to get a black beard - also improper surface basking temps or temps on the tank improper uvb can cause a black beard

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Reflections will stress him out that's when your going to get a black beard - also improper surface basking temps or temps on the tank improper uvb can cause a black beard
When Foxy was little dragon, he did not notice the reflection, but began to notice only recently.
So, we excluded any mirrors in the area of his walk, that the walk would bring him joy.
I know about setting up UV lamps, so we immediately set them up according to the recommendations found on the site even before Foxy appeared in our home

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom