Beans stopped eating his salads all of a sudden

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My dragon is 9 months old and has always loved his salads until a couple days ago. All of a sudden he won’t eat his salad anymore. I feed him a combination alternating kale mustard greens collard greens cilantro and butternut squash. I put BSFL in the salads and he just picks through the salad to find the bugs. His UV bulb is in Arcadia 12% and it’s not due to be changed until November. His temperatures are good. I don’t know if I should just wait him out and make him eat the salads by not giving him any bugs for a few days?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon is 9 months old and has always loved his salads until a couple days ago. All of a sudden he won’t eat his salad anymore. I feed him a combination alternating kale mustard greens collard greens cilantro and butternut squash. I put BSFL in the salads and he just picks through the salad to find the bugs. His UV bulb is in Arcadia 12% and it’s not due to be changed until November. His temperatures are good. I don’t know if I should just wait him out and make him eat the salads by not giving him any bugs for a few days?
Sounds like the typical juvenile dragon- hes figured out he wants bugs only- keep feeding him the salads maybe drop a superworm or two in the salad as well -- you can always get some silk worms to do the same they STICK to everything - hes too young to cut off the bugs completely - he still needs the protein - he wont go to a reverse of diet till hes a year old - then that ratio bugs / salad will flip to where hes only getting insects 2-3 times per week

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom