Beans stopped eating his salads all of a sudden

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My dragon is 9 months old and has always loved his salads until a couple days ago. All of a sudden he won’t eat his salad anymore. I feed him a combination alternating kale mustard greens collard greens cilantro and butternut squash. I put BSFL in the salads and he just picks through the salad to find the bugs. His UV bulb is in Arcadia 12% and it’s not due to be changed until November. His temperatures are good. I don’t know if I should just wait him out and make him eat the salads by not giving him any bugs for a few days?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon is 9 months old and has always loved his salads until a couple days ago. All of a sudden he won’t eat his salad anymore. I feed him a combination alternating kale mustard greens collard greens cilantro and butternut squash. I put BSFL in the salads and he just picks through the salad to find the bugs. His UV bulb is in Arcadia 12% and it’s not due to be changed until November. His temperatures are good. I don’t know if I should just wait him out and make him eat the salads by not giving him any bugs for a few days?
Sounds like the typical juvenile dragon- hes figured out he wants bugs only- keep feeding him the salads maybe drop a superworm or two in the salad as well -- you can always get some silk worms to do the same they STICK to everything - hes too young to cut off the bugs completely - he still needs the protein - he wont go to a reverse of diet till hes a year old - then that ratio bugs / salad will flip to where hes only getting insects 2-3 times per week

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom