Beadrie trying to throw up and thrashing around! Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So after seeming to get better, suddenly Blaze threw up again yesterday and today! She also wouldn't eat today! She threw up before I offered her food.
Then about half hour ago now, she was acting like she was trying to throw up for a minuet and then started thrashing around! It was a couple seconds then she stopped! Also she's been blackbearding for a few hours now.
Also this week shes only made small poops, even after eating a regular amount of her food at the beginning of the weak.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, your poor dragon is definitely in distress!
How long has his beard been black? Could he have eaten anything that could have been
toxic?
For now until you can get him to a vet, try to keep him warm overnight & if possible, get some
oral fluids into him to help with hydration. Has he calmed down yet?

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":xn4gxabt said:
Hello,

Goodness, your poor dragon is definitely in distress!
How long has his beard been black? Could he have eaten anything that could have been
toxic?
For now until you can get him to a vet, try to keep him warm overnight & if possible, get some
oral fluids into him to help with hydration. Has he calmed down yet?

Tracie

Ok, something weird is going on!
She seems fine this morning!
She's not blackbearding or thrashing around, she still does seem to have a cough like sound occasionally!
I don't get it, is shes really sick, why don't the symptoms persist?
Right now she looks fine besides the breathing thing.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is heartbreaking :( I am so sorry - what could have caused that to come on so fast- let's see if Tracie has any insight on this - I am perplexed - I understand how you feel - again I am sorry

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1l2is4n4 said:
That is heartbreaking :( I am so sorry - what could have caused that to come on so fast- let's see if Tracie has any insight on this - I am perplexed - I understand how you feel - again I am sorry

Yes, its really is!
It's strange that she got better for a few days before getting much worse yesterday and today!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am so sorry, she was a beautiful dragon! Sometimes you can do everything right and boom....something like this happens.
I feel your pain my friend.

I know from experience, this sounds very familiar to me. I am super careful about those pink ladybugs and stinkbugs. This year the stinkbugs have been terrible. They are both very sneaky and very toxic to dragons.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3r89e4v8 said:
I am so sorry, she was a beautiful dragon! Sometimes you can do everything right and boom....something like this happens.
I feel your pain my friend.

I know from experience, this sounds very familiar to me. I am super careful about those pink ladybugs and stinkbugs. This year the stinkbugs have been terrible. They are both very sneaky and very toxic to dragons.

I'm pretty sure she didn't eat a ladybug or stinkbug!
Anyway, thanks for understanding. I was hopping to have her for a few more years...
None of my dragons have lived past five! I don't get why! Or how other dragons can even get to like 14!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry that you lost your girl like that, how terrible. :cry:
Perhaps a spider bite?
I agree, it does sound very strange that it was so sudden like this. I am so glad that she
was not alone & had you with her.
I am so sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":39qfrixf said:
Oh no, this is so sad. :( I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl Blaze. :(

Thanks a lot. She really had beautiful colors!

Drache613":39qfrixf said:
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry that you lost your girl like that, how terrible. :cry:
Perhaps a spider bite?
I agree, it does sound very strange that it was so sudden like this. I am so glad that she
was not alone & had you with her.
I am so sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Tracie

Thanks you. Hmm, I didn't see any bites on her, but I have occasionally taken a spider out of the tank! Also have found a few odd tiny spiders that I can't identify over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom