BD unresponsive in a deep sleep every night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhi2603

My bd Milo goes into a extremely deep sleep every night and is almost unresponsive and will not wake up. During the day he is awake and alert moving around but every night he goes into such a deep sleep that nothing will wake him, I can pick him up and move him about and even tilt him on his back and he still doesn’t wake up. My other BD stitch wakes up as soon as a light is turnt on. Why does Milo not wake up to anything, yet is fine during the day?

- before you ask I noticed because I sometimes have to move him due to where he falls asleep and have become increasingly concerned every night as nothing wakes him up.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
Just like with humans, some beardies may just be very deep sleepers. I know I'm pretty hard to wake once I'm asleep, short of a LOUD thunderclap (or my dog scratching persistently to go to the bathroom, lol). The fact he seems otherwise normal makes this likely to me, though of course I'd wait for input from more experienced folks here.

My Ardie is like this except when light shines on his head. He gave me a scare one time when he fell asleep in my sweatshirt pocket and wasn't reacting to my voice or any motion, but as soon as I moved him into the light, he woke up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In addition, when lights go off and they start to cool down, all of their bodily processes slow down too. Remember they are cold blooded. So as the temperatures drop, so will their body processes. The heart rate can slow to an absolute crawl with dropping temperatures of the night. But, this is an important process for them and they really shouldn't be disturbed in their sleep just like we shouldn't be either for optimal sleep.

Nothing to worry about at all, just don't let it get too cold for him.

-Brandon

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Its normal. I have two beardies (male and female) and they both get really white at night when they're sleeping. I have also noticed that in the dark they never wake up even if you move them around. Sometimes after having them out all day i take them back to their cage and my room is all dark so they'll quickly close their eyes and fall asleep. Next time turn on the lights and move him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom