Bathing Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 month old(im almost positive she is a girl), HATES bath time! I've had her since she was 3 months old so she has had plenty of baths but doesn't seem to be getting used to them at all. If i put anything in the bath with her, she sits on it and doesn't go near the water. I've adjusted the temps and even put her in different places to see if that would help her adjust but still nothing.
Any tips?

Jaxmommy1

Have you tried sitting her on your hand? Mine loves when I use my hands as a surf board. Start slow. Very shallow and see how that goes. When mine was young like 5 inches she even jumped from my hand and went under. Of course I rescued her right away but I think it was actually a good thing, she was so thankful I saved her. The poor thing. She is now 9 inches and 33 grams. The cutest thing I have ever seen. All my friends think I'm nuts but...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Instead of baths you might give her water with an eyedropper, syringe or a spray bottle. Just drip [ or spray a gentle small stream] on her nose without getting the tank wet. Sometimes it takes a minute....drip, stop, repeat until she [ hopefully ] drinks. Beardies don't need frequent baths, just once a week or every couple of weeks unless they get dirty.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
I let my boy hold my hand during bath time or else he isn't a fan either. I cup right underneath his chest and he grabs the sides of my hand. He is content if I do this for him.

mamajamamomma

Original Poster
Its so weird cause she loves being sprayed! She closes her eyes and just relaxes. Its just bathing that is a problem. Thank you for the suggestions, i will have to give it a try.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some dragons absolutely love baths while others become stressed. I am not sure why that is but they all have a different personalities.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom