Bath water too hot ?

Savannahz5437

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Enrique
I put my baby bearded dragon in a bath because he was shedding and he started trying to swim/try to climb out of it and then he just stopped and sinked his head in the water and then I drained some of the water out thinking I put too much in and when I put him back in a realized his stomach was sucked in and he wasn’t moving his arms or legs so I thought he was dead but when I try to put him on his back he moves his back and whips his tail in protest, he’s also slowing breathing and his eyes are closed majority of the time. I don’t know what to do please help

Flokis mom

Beardie name(s)
Floki
I put my baby bearded dragon in a bath because he was shedding and he started trying to swim/try to climb out of it and then he just stopped and sinked his head in the water and then I drained some of the water out thinking I put too much in and when I put him back in a realized his stomach was sucked in and he wasn’t moving his arms or legs so I thought he was dead but when I try to put him on his back he moves his back and whips his tail in protest, he’s also slowing breathing and his eyes are closed majority of the time. I don’t know what to do please help
How's she doing?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry to say but that baby does not look like it's going to make it. Something very serious is going on and it looks like he won't recover. Sorry that this happened, was he alert + eating before ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, I was wondering the same thing, was he not doing well before the bath? Could he have
aspirated any water? Please hold him & try to check on his breathing, etc. Maybe try to angle him
downward in case he did aspirate water, but he definitely doesn't look well.
Please let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom