Bath issue.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Estinien had a soak earlier but decided to dunk his face in and take some pretty big drinks. As soon as I noticed, I pulled him out and lowered the water level. Slightly worried about aspiration.

He isn't making any crakling noises while breathing and tipping him like a teapot didn't produce any water from his nose or mouth, what else should I keep an eye out for?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Estinien had a soak earlier but decided to dunk his face in and take some pretty big drinks. As soon as I noticed, I pulled him out and lowered the water level. Slightly worried about aspiration.

He isn't making any crakling noises while breathing and tipping him like a teapot didn't produce any water from his nose or mouth, what else should I keep an eye out for?
Him breathing hard- maybe a lot of coughing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks, he was breathing in kinda deep right after in his bath but no coughing. This is him breathing now.

He seems to be fine -- just keep an eye on him if starts sporting a black beard then he could be in distress but I would think that would of popped right away --- just make sure his basking temps are good and hes got good UVB -- no coils please

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think as long as they do it on purpose they are pretty good at holding their breath. Chomp would actively swim in a bathtub and alot of time she would dunk her head and do so. I have also seen Ruby dunk her head when drinking although thats kindda rare she usually dont get her nose under the water.
One thing to remember though is that they use the same muscles to walk/run/swim as they do to breath. If the water is deep enough that they have to swim they can aspirate really quickly. (Not saying that you do that, just a word of caution)

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom