Basking temp limit?

Raikachu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emmett
Just wondering what could be too hot for a basking spot? Seems like the one I have set up stays around 100-105 (it's at 105 right now) but I'm just wondering at what temperature it might be recommended to turn the light off for a bit? His hot and cool side are perfect at 90 and 80 so if he needs to he could cool off, but I wanna make sure his baking doesn't get too hot for obvious reasons. I've seen some articles recommend 95-105 is good and others that say 100-115 is good. What do you guys recommend?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just wondering what could be too hot for a basking spot? Seems like the one I have set up stays around 100-105 (it's at 105 right now) but I'm just wondering at what temperature it might be recommended to turn the light off for a bit? His hot and cool side are perfect at 90 and 80 so if he needs to he could cool off, but I wanna make sure his baking doesn't get too hot for obvious reasons. I've seen some articles recommend 95-105 is good and others that say 100-115 is good. What do you guys recommend?
105-110 for a baby 95-100 for a juvie / adult

Dart's Human

Beardie name(s)
Dartanion, (Dart)
I have my hot bask at 102-105 and the cool bask @ 85-90.

And I have areas that go about 80 during the day and the whole tank goes to 70-75 at night.

Just got him. Tested temps for days to confirm consistently. Just a bit paranoid about the hot bask temp.

But he stayed there all day and seemed perfectly happy.

Looking for confirmation on my temps & setup.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have my hot bask at 102-105 and the cool bask @ 85-90.

And I have areas that go about 80 during the day and the whole tank goes to 70-75 at night.

Just got him. Tested temps for days to confirm consistently. Just a bit paranoid about the hot bask temp.

But he stayed there all day and seemed perfectly happy.

Looking for confirmation on my temps & setup.
85-90 on cool side is too hot-- if this temp is around your hot side its good if its on the cool side of the tank you want low 80's - surface basking temps are good - if hes staying and basking there for long periods of time your good - if hes moving after only 5-10 or so not so much- ambient temps at night are good too --

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom