Basking bulb recommendations

teacherinpjs

Beardie name(s)
Moolan
Looking for basking bulb recommendations for 4x2x2. I currently have an Arcadia fixture mounted under the screen and using a Arcadia 75 bulb or 75 w repti zoo basking bulb. But they aren’t getting the basking spot above 95. The lady is 8 months old and I think she needs it warmer. Also the rest of her enclosure isn’t at a recommended heat anymore but I’ve never known if that’s an actual issue. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 69

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
That is a pretty good light. You might need two though. It looks like you have a tube UVB. What type is it? How long is it in inches? That helps your beardie a lot. How far away is the decor that is the basking spot. It may needed to be adjusted.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I would also get a dome for the basking light if it were me to keep my bearded dragons safe

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looking for basking bulb recommendations for 4x2x2. I currently have an Arcadia fixture mounted under the screen and using a Arcadia 75 bulb or 75 w repti zoo basking bulb. But they aren’t getting the basking spot above 95. The lady is 8 months old and I think she needs it warmer. Also the rest of her enclosure isn’t at a recommended heat anymore but I’ve never known if that’s an actual issue. Any suggestions would be great.
Increase the bulb to 100 watch the surface basking temps-- if your still not getting there go to 150-- those temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- stick ons are ambient temps only- your uvb should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - flukers or exo Terra or zoo med repti basking bulbs are good - I was recently using exo Terra but had issues w/ them so I am going to try flukers bulbs- they are cheaper as of now I still have the Exo Terra in- when I change it out I will be using the flukers- it is trial and error w/ basking bulbs

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom