Basking and appetite decreased

Jnylnd45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mocha
Just feed the flies. Most dragons love trying to catch them.
I did not know this! Thank you. Would rather them not die for nothing. I just ordered 250. I can’t believe I was outside smashing them on the concrete. I read they do not bite like crickets so I’m guessing they can stay in her terrarium for a while?

Jnylnd45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mocha
I did not know this! Thank you. Would rather them not die for nothing. I just ordered 250. I can’t believe I was outside smashing them on the concrete. I read they do not bite like crickets so I’m guessing they can stay in her terrarium for a while?

Attachments

• 5D466308-AE50-4155-8157-29A9B868FBB3.jpeg
    5D466308-AE50-4155-8157-29A9B868FBB3.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 77

Jnylnd45

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mocha
Its hard to say till we rule some things out like lighting UVB coil or a long tube fixture ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? Stick ons are ambient temp only - you want a digital probe thermometer temps should be 95-100--- incorrect lighting can cause brumation like behavior especially basking temps
I know this is an old thread but I looked back on the date and this would be when I ordered her a hood with the reptisun light. What is the total months I should use the bulb before replacing?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That depends on if its t5 or t8.
I think the t8 are replace at 5 months and the t5 at 9 or 10 months.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i believe a T8 is 6 months and T5 (12%) is 12 months, usually replaced a month early to be safe. sorry, don't know what the equivalent % for a T8 is.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I know this is an old thread but I looked back on the date and this would be when I ordered her a hood with the reptisun light. What is the total months I should use the bulb before replacing?
T 8's are 6 months I recommed 5 --- T 5's are one year a recommend a month prior to

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom