Band of pigment loss on bearded dragons tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicajh

PLEASE HELP!!
Today we discovered our beardie who is almost 1 year old, has lost pigment on her tail completely. At first we thought it was time to shed but now im very concerned.
Any ideas!?!?

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that is definitely just a band of shed. They usually just come off in their own time but you can spritz her in the tank lightly 2X a day to help loosen it. Or you can put a dab of plain aloe [ no added ingredients ] on it. But I've had similar looking patches of crazy shed like that + did nothing but spritz it. She'll be fine. :)

Hi! It is definitely shedding. Spray the enclosure 1-2 times a day. Do not peel of the skin because it may not be ready. If you want to help your beardie shed, give it more baths.

jessicajh

Original Poster
Ahh thank you!! Just didn't look like her normal shed and been a stress head automatically assumed it was the worst!
Thank you thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom