Bad URI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
My new addition Ron has had a bad URI since I brought him home on February 17th. I think he got a chill coming home from the reptile show, or caught something there. He was fine the first few days, then 4 days after getting him I heard him cough. His breathing is labored and he's still hacking. He's been on .30 mls of Baytril since Monday ( minus 1 day when my dogs stole it and I just found it today). The first couple days he ate really good. Now, he is not eating except for a hornworm here and there, and now I am running out of them. He ate his greens the first couple days, and now he won't even look at them.

I was hoping his hacking/coughing would have subsided by now? I was having him sleep on a heat pad to keep him warm at night, but I just bought him a CHE today instead.

He's making me really nervous. And I'm leaving next week for Florida. I've never dealt with a uri before. Is there something else I can do for him?

Thank you. :(

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
URIs can be hard to kick. If the Baytril doesn't do the trick, you might need to get a nubilizer. I know a few people have had success with them. He isn't eating because Baytril is hard on the system. Get some soy yogurt as a probiotic, and give it about 6 hours after the Baytril. That should help his appetite. The Baytril really knocks out all the good gut flora as well as treating the URI.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
daner923":tiszgrvp said:
URIs can be hard to kick. If the Baytril doesn't do the trick, you might need to get a nubilizer. I know a few people have had success with them. He isn't eating because Baytril is hard on the system. Get some soy yogurt as a probiotic, and give it about 6 hours after the Baytril. That should help his appetite. The Baytril really knocks out all the good gut flora as well as treating the URI.

I have read about people using a nebulizer. I think I may have to try it for him. I am going away on vacation in 3 days. UGH. This is not the time for him to be sick :( I'm totally freaking out.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
My dragon has a bad URI from being housed improperly from his previous owner. I am getting ready to start round 2 of baytril and if that doesn't kick it I will be getting a nebulizer. I know beardeddragon.co sells the nebulizer and the medicine (baytril for nebulizer).

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Lindz0518":1t2u5ja5 said:
My dragon has a bad URI from being housed improperly from his previous owner. I am getting ready to start round 2 of baytril and if that doesn't kick it I will be getting a nebulizer. I know beardeddragon.co sells the nebulizer and the medicine (baytril for nebulizer).

Yes, I saw the nebulizer on there. He is on the baytril from Cheryl, and I only heard him cough once today. I will talk to Cheryl next week about the nebulizer when I see her. Thank you.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
You can also buy the nebulizer's at some pharmacy's. That is what I did ,,but only because I didnt want to wait for the one from Cheryl to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom