Backpack to Carry Beardie

wanderingmoonmen

Original Poster
Hi all, I guess this is a two part question.
1) Has anyone ever taken their beardies on longer walks (not them walking, but hanging out on you qhile you walk) when it's warm out and is that an ok regular activity (idk once a week)?
2) is there any recommendations for a carrying device? (I think a backpack would be nice, like the ones that have the clear back that an animal can look at)

For context my beardie is approaching 10 months old and he's 19 inches from nose to tip of tail. He loves looking outside and being outside now that it's summertime (he knows where the door is and will run up and try and climb through the window). Maybe he's a little bit spoiled and he's going to be sad when it's winter. But I brought him down to a local park the other day and I let him run around a little (with his harness) and after a bit he hung out on my shoulder and we went for a walk. Now this didn't work super well because I was wearing a tank top and his comfy position was either hurting me or I had to hunch over (my bad I wasn't thinking). He seemed to enjoy it and I was going to be able to sew my own sort of satchel. I've had two failures so far (forgot to factor in mistakes and shrinkage from stitches) and was hoping there was a backpack version. I'm not a big fan of those slings that are out there because I don't think he'll like them and I'd like him to see out. I've seen a guinea pig/chincilla/lizard bubble backpack thing on Amazon that's ~12.5"x6.75" but I'm worried it will be too small and uncomfortable.

Sorry that got a little long! Let me know if there are any recommendations :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all, I guess this is a two part question.
1) Has anyone ever taken their beardies on longer walks (not them walking, but hanging out on you qhile you walk) when it's warm out and is that an ok regular activity (idk once a week)?
2) is there any recommendations for a carrying device? (I think a backpack would be nice, like the ones that have the clear back that an animal can look at)

For context my beardie is approaching 10 months old and he's 19 inches from nose to tip of tail. He loves looking outside and being outside now that it's summertime (he knows where the door is and will run up and try and climb through the window). Maybe he's a little bit spoiled and he's going to be sad when it's winter. But I brought him down to a local park the other day and I let him run around a little (with his harness) and after a bit he hung out on my shoulder and we went for a walk. Now this didn't work super well because I was wearing a tank top and his comfy position was either hurting me or I had to hunch over (my bad I wasn't thinking). He seemed to enjoy it and I was going to be able to sew my own sort of satchel. I've had two failures so far (forgot to factor in mistakes and shrinkage from stitches) and was hoping there was a backpack version. I'm not a big fan of those slings that are out there because I don't think he'll like them and I'd like him to see out. I've seen a guinea pig/chincilla/lizard bubble backpack thing on Amazon that's ~12.5"x6.75" but I'm worried it will be too small and uncomfortable.

Sorry that got a little long! Let me know if there are any recommendations :)
try this and looking here SUMMER Snuggle Sling - 25% to 50% off

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I have the backpack and am purchasing the sling for shopping. I see some youtubers taking beardies on very long walks but I also notice at times, they jump off their shoulders and are uncomfortable and constantly shift. There is nothing attached to the beardies.

I think you have to feel out your beardie- the bag is helpful for me as my beardie is 5 months and is still acclimating to the world and past her bedtime, it's a wrap! She will fall right asleep in her bag.

I can put her on my shoulder but can only do so in my house/close to my house. She is not fan of the shadows of trees, birds, etc.

Rocky doesn't like the harnesses - small or medium (I read somewhere that 8 months is up where they prefer it OR they don't prefer it at all)- I am not going to force her. I would, however, feel comfortable with her on my shoulder with a harness in case she tries to escape.

I ordered a sling which will be here tomorrow which I am excited for because I can use my hands. As she is so small, I can use the straps on the bag but she shifts around so I like to use the double handles instead and at times it's an inconvenience.

I hope that this helps.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom