Back leg in air like a dog...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't seen them do that. They are quite flexible, so it's not necessarily a problem, but I'd keep an eye on it. Look for signs of mobility trouble or not putting weight on that leg etc as well as signs of muscle spasms or frequently tucking arms and legs under the body.

TheSloth

Original Poster
CooperDragon":agh8cq5q said:
I haven't seen them do that. They are quite flexible, so it's not necessarily a problem, but I'd keep an eye on it. Look for signs of mobility trouble or not putting weight on that leg etc as well as signs of muscle spasms or frequently tucking arms and legs under the body.

Thanks for replying.. I have never seen them do it either..... His mobility is good super active and climbing on everything...just kinda strikes the worry nerve when I see some random dragon yoga going on.... especially when I can't find any similar discussion about it anywhere.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is well within their range of motion, as it is common for them to kick their back leg just like that to go after shed around their face. That is more of a kick to scratch an area than just holding it in place like that though. That's why I advised watching out for the other behavior in case it a muscular problem of some kind. It may not be - it could just be an individual quirk which they all have to one extent or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom