Baby too chubby?

Ebreezy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coolio
Updates from my last post first; he has pooped a few times since my last post, stress marks have lightened up a lot. The last poop he made was a little mucussy, still haven’t seen him drink water so been misting him occasionally. Been trying not to bother him too much other than putting food in as he doesn’t really like when I’m around yet. Just wondering if he’s just normal growing or if he looks too chubby or impacted?

Attachments

• 48A834CB-989D-4CC0-B1BD-CBE19BC4AA83.jpeg
    48A834CB-989D-4CC0-B1BD-CBE19BC4AA83.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 89
  • F2F57DE9-6F0F-4F3E-9CA4-5A665272299C.jpeg
    F2F57DE9-6F0F-4F3E-9CA4-5A665272299C.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 69

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Updates from my last post first; he has pooped a few times since my last post, stress marks have lightened up a lot. The last poop he made was a little mucussy, still haven’t seen him drink water so been misting him occasionally. Been trying not to bother him too much other than putting food in as he doesn’t really like when I’m around yet. Just wondering if he’s just normal growing or if he looks too chubby or impacted?
Please start hand taming him --- get some small super worms and some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com I would order some medium size and hand feed him -- you need to start working w/ him so he gets used to the hand in the tank - maybe hold him in the tank for a few minutes each day -- is he licking the water off his nose when you mist him? Also are you feeding salads every morning? You can use the BSFL to lure him to the salad bowl -- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Ebreezy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coolio
Please start hand taming him --- get some small super worms and some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com I would order some medium size and hand feed him -- you need to start working w/ him so he gets used to the hand in the tank - maybe hold him in the tank for a few minutes each day -- is he licking the water off his nose when you mist him? Also are you feeding salads every morning? You can use the BSFL to lure him to the salad bowl -- https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
I do give him salads every morning, kale and bell pepper or kale and carrot, yesterday tired putting some banana and then some kale in my hand to see if he would come to be but he just puffs up. He doesn’t lick the water off either..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This mornings poop all wet :/
His poop looks good -- how long have you had him? He will go thru relocation stress so his eating will be off- if he stops eating all together thats not good -- and other issues could be going on -- if his UVB is good NO coils please and good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer you should be fine - it may take some time for him to adjust but those things I mentioned will help

Ebreezy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Coolio
His poop looks good -- how long have you had him? He will go thru relocation stress so his eating will be off- if he stops eating all together thats not good -- and other issues could be going on -- if his UVB is good NO coils please and good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer you should be fine - it may take some time for him to adjust but those things I mentioned will help
Okay thank you so much, your comments have really helped. I’ve had him for about a week and a half. I have the bar light and I cut the screen out like you suggested before, and basking temps have been good. I gave him a little soak earlier and he drank a bunch of water from there so I feel better about that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay thank you so much, your comments have really helped. I’ve had him for about a week and a half. I have the bar light and I cut the screen out like you suggested before, and basking temps have been good. I gave him a little soak earlier and he drank a bunch of water from there so I feel better about that.
Ok good just watch he doesnt aspirate the water -- if he is gulping it down you might want to pull him up so he takes a breath and slows him down -- so did I post distance for you as well ? If all is well he should adjust and acclimate to his tank -- his appetite will pick up --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom