Baby.. respiratory issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first got my baby from Petsmart I thought it would breath heavy to blow its self up to look bigger as a defense. Well I have had it for a week and now it does it even when it’s asleep in my hand. It’s still eating like normal.. runs around the tank. Only opens its mouth and breaths heavy. No drainage. I called Petsmart and they said bring it in for a return and they will get it better then call me. BUT I DON’T want to just drop it off nor do I want a return ?

Temp stays about 105 to 110 and humidity stays about 25 to 30. I do notice at night it goes up more to a little over 40. Is is possible to fix this at home!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am trying to figure out if its just adjusting its temp called thermoglating or gaping --- can you post pics of the tank and lighting https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
What are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I see your little guy ---- ok the tank is a 20 gallon ? And the UVB what is it ? A 13 watt coil? Your humidity is fine --- you dont want it at 70 or above --- are you only using a stick on for basking temps? They are inaccurate you need a digital probe thermometer --- Petsmart $6 ---
Karrie

Brittm00re91

Original Poster
Yea it’s a coil.. but I read on here to do the T5 or T8 so I’m on amazon now! I’ll get the other reader also.

It is a 20 gal because he is so small but, I have bigger tanks as she needs it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No he looks fine from that pic- he's gonna go thru relocation stress - get your basking temps to 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your UVB changed out and go from there-- he can go into that bigger tank when the new UVB comes in what size is it?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
if your getting a ambient temp of 105-110 that tells me his basking spot is hotter than that --- what wattage bulb are you using --- but you must get a digital probe thermometer and what size is the other tanks?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She maybe too hot but won't know till you get a digital probe- upload to YouTube then post link
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It looks like a gape for body temps--- I am gonna have AHBD look and see what she says -- I could be wrong but lets let her look
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he's a tiny little guy, very cute ! It looks like what they do when they eat a large meal + do a " burp-like " response after . What size are the insects he eats , can you post pics of the insects he eats ? And how often does he do this ?

Brittm00re91

Original Poster
I’m actually on my way to get digital thermometer now. But, it eats baby crickets. I have baby mealworms but, it hasn’t eat any of them. I dust the crickets then put 3 in at a time 3 times a day. Pet store tried to say 3 months old ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom