Baby food

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea on what would be an appropriate portion (serving/a days meal) of baby food for a 6-year-old bearded dragon.
It's nearly impossible to get him to eat greens/vegetables so I thought I might try, at least for a little while to see how a regular intake of supplementing his diet with a serving of baby food goes. Of course specifically to make up for the nutrients he's lacking by not eating greens/vegetables.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how long have you owned RJ and what type of greens have you tried ? What does he eat now daily or weekly ? Baby food is O.K on a short term basis but it's better if you can just make a veggie smoothie in a blender. Then you won't have to worry about salt + other unwanted ingredients.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ive tried everything and everyway to get him to eat them. hes 6. currently in his down season so eating less, but typically a variety of bugs. oh, and i only buy "organics" baby food which the only ingredients are nothing but that given food

JustGeorge

Beardie name(s)
George
I have struggled to get my beardie to eat veggies too, until i started sprinkling repashy grub pie on his salad (only a very small amount is needed) and feeding it with tongs and now he happily gobbles it up! I've also tried it with prepared repashy grub pie and he loves that too.
So that might be worth a try :)
Pollen in moderation is a pretty popular method too but personally i have not had any success with it with my veggie hating beardie.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom