Baby food chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Hello BD.org,
I been trying to get protein in my dragons the past few days and will not take it. They run away and jumpy and jumped right out of my hand back on branch. I let them go because I don't want to use pressure and hurt them severe. I peeled the lip down jump a bit and took a little is that OK. I use a eye dropper and put it by there mouth and will not lick or open mouth if my life depended on it. All I can do is hand feed a bit of greens collard mainly last longer then mustard or turnip. They eat that a little bit but that's about it with eating and bath them for water intake for 15 minutes. My citrus dragon looks ill but my other baby looks good and active. I found two bucks in change in my car yesterday and got about 24 crickets and they both eat 12 non gutloaded just dusted with vitamins and calcium. They were gone in seconds so if baby food won't work what else could I do?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Umm, why can't you feed more crickets? Just curious.. Proteins can come from all sorts of foods and feeders. Here is a page which show content of a lot of different foods, it also tells you if the food should be fed or how often if it is good to feed. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Feeders for younger dragons is the best scenario, they should be able to eat as many feeder crickets as they can eat in 15 minutes 2 -3 times a day, the feeder crickets being fed should be no larger then the space between the dragons eyes.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":29bkrxyx said:
Umm, why can't you feed more crickets? Just curious.. Proteins can come from all sorts of foods and feeders. Here is a page which show content of a lot of different foods, it also tells you if the food should be fed or how often if it is good to feed. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Feeders for younger dragons is the best scenario, they should be able to eat as many feeder crickets as they can eat in 15 minutes 2 -3 times a day, the feeder crickets being fed should be no larger then the space between the dragons eyes.

I am just having money issues at the moment and awaiting for work and a part time job. I know all that about crickets and that they have more phosphorus then calcium. Thanks anyways noob

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Terminator7777":2td82kmg said:
Beardednoob":2td82kmg said:

I am just having money issues at the moment and awaiting for work and a part time job. I know all that about crickets and that they have more phosphorus then calcium. Thanks anyways noob

Hmm so we are looking for a diet on a budget? Baby foods are one route, can try -
Canned Soy Beans

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
How do you force feed dragons because still won't eat baby food organic 100% natural squash and chicken baby food?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Since your dragons aren't sick, I really wouldn't recommend force feeding them. Force feeding is extremely stressful to any animal, and it is easy to accidentally injure a baby. I would only do that as a last resort (As in, opposed to letting them starve to death because they won't eat on their own). I know you don't want to hear this, but if they won't eat it on their own you really need to get them live feeders. It isn't worth putting them through the stress if it's not completely necessary.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess":1svxh6td said:
Since your dragons aren't sick, I really wouldn't recommend force feeding them. Force feeding is extremely stressful to any animal, and it is easy to accidentally injure a baby. I would only do that as a last resort (As in, opposed to letting them starve to death because they won't eat on their own). I know you don't want to hear this, but if they won't eat it on their own you really need to get them live feeders. It isn't worth putting them through the stress if it's not completely necessary.

I see ok thank you and as long as there eating greens is that ok. I no they need protein that is mainly my problem.

mellu

Juvie Member
-face palm- I know everyone has been trying to kill you with kindness and just hope and pray that you will come to your sense, well I'm going to try this instead, a swift kick in the behind, 'cause that's how us newfies roll.

Usually in order to poop, your dragon has to actually eat something so yeeeeah, ya might want to feed them. I bet you're eating just fine so how about you start buying yourself packs of fifty cent ramen and use your savings to feed the animals you took on the responsibility of, get rid of your cellphone, preserve water and energy to lower bills, open a frickin' lemonade stand for all I care, feed your animals. Feeders are SO cheap in the states and it really bothers me that you are complaining about how much they cost, like, seriously?

There are people on here who have offered time and time again to take these beardies off your hands, these sickly animals you can't properly take care of, and you have the nerve to try to cut your loss and CHARGE for them? You're no better than one of those people on craigslist that sold rocky for $100. I assure you if you don't smarten up and find a way to feed these animals, or give them to someone who WILL, they will die or end up like Rocky with some poor girl doing everything she can to save them, only to have them die on her. You've been forgiven many, many times and people have been SO patient with you and even sent you things, well, start acting like you appreciate it and actually try to take care of these animals yourself. Take a look at the road you're traveling down with these animals 'cause it certainly doesn't have a happy ending, not at this rate.

I know you get a lot of flack on these forums maybe you should stop to think "Hey, maybe there is a REASON?". It's quite shameful how you treat people(such as Beardednoob, above) and that you would selfishly keep these animals when you've done nothing but post complaints, threaten to kill them, then lash out at anyone who tries to help and then try to bum live feeders off people. I know times are tough but they are not THAT tough, go work at Mcdonalds or Walmart. If you can't afford to feed them, you shouldn't own them, end of story.

BTW whatever happened to that credit card you were going to get for situations like these?

Deemac6

Juvie Member
You might want to look into seeing if someone could foster your dragons till you get back on your feet and have the money to afford them and yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom