Baby dragons are about 2 months old... how long until

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
I can reasonably expect them to not think I'm a "bad guy" and not freak when I put my hand into the tank for anything? I feel so bad when they are scared :( At night, it worries me when they sleep up against the glass, and if I can redirect them into their blankies or somewhere a little warmer, they usually stay, but they would really rather I just keep my hand out of their enclosures, I think.

Monkey

Juvie Member
me and my friend got ours at that age, just move slowly and keep your hand in there so they get used to it.

I scared mine a few times, but rather soon he was so used to me coming and pick him up tha the stopped being skittish.

If you don't socialize them I think they might go worse...

The others will liekly give you a better answer...

i don't really know how old my puff is (about 9 inches head to toe, and growing VERY fast) but he's always been super chill with me. like i honestly don't think i've EVER scared him in my month of having him... oh shoot! i've had him exactly a month today =)

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
how long have you had them? It will take several weeks for them to even get use to their new home. Don't worry. Try putting one of your old tee shirts in the viv so they can get use to your smell (soemthing you have worn recently). and just keep putting your hand in there near them so they can get use to yur hand around them. Before you put your hand in talk to them in a soothing voice and let them know your there. Even if you just go and put your hand in there several times per day with out any intention of picking them up, they will get use to you. Also, if you just wlak by and talk to them through the glass. Alsotry giving them soem lil treats, like a little piece of strawberry or apple (not too much, too offten, just lil bits) but then they will associate good things such as treats coming from your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom