Baby dragon refuses food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mireille

Original Poster
Hi. So, we have a baby dragon (approx 2 months old) for almost a week now and we have been killing ourselves trying to figure out why she won't eat. In a week, only ate some lettuce and apple only because i tried veggies to see if she will eat anything at all. She won't touch any worm or other insects, she moves around them like they don't exist. We are new in this and still reading a lot and documenting about how to make a good environment for her. Still the tank is not warm enough, we reached a max of 34° C in the basking spot, we put a zoo med double lamp with a UVB of 100w and a basking spot for heat of 60w. Is it not enough? Is she not eating because she is not warm enough? Please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. So, we have a baby dragon (approx 2 months old) for almost a week now and we have been killing ourselves trying to figure out why she won't eat. In a week, only ate some lettuce and apple only because i tried veggies to see if she will eat anything at all. She won't touch any worm or other insects, she moves around them like they don't exist. We are new in this and still reading a lot and documenting about how to make a good environment for her. Still the tank is not warm enough, we reached a max of 34° C in the basking spot, we put a zoo med double lamp with a UVB of 100w and a basking spot for heat of 60w. Is it not enough? Is she not eating because she is not warm enough? Please help
Correct uvb no coils please long tube 24" Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb in the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor correct basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- you need a CLEAR bright white bulb that keeps temps 105-110 F-- your dragon will go thru relocation stress but to not eat at all the uvb and temps need to be correct

Mireille

Original Poster
Correct uvb no coils please long tube 24" Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb in the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor correct basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- you need a CLEAR bright white bulb that keeps temps 105-110 F-- your dragon will go thru relocation stress but to not eat at all the uvb and temps need to be correct
Thank you. I have difficulties getting the Arcadia lamp, i have to order it from abroad and it lasts. Is there any way to imcrease the temp until then, using what I have, the zoo med double lamp? Should I get more powerfull heat bulb? The 60w is clearly insuffcient. Also, i have an issue with the tank, it s got ventilation above and in the front side, i m thinking is maybe to much and that s why it doesn t keet the temp? Thanks again

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you. I have difficulties getting the Arcadia lamp, i have to order it from abroad and it lasts. Is there any way to imcrease the temp until then, using what I have, the zoo med double lamp? Should I get more powerfull heat bulb? The 60w is clearly insuffcient. Also, i have an issue with the tank, it s got ventilation above and in the front side, i m thinking is maybe to much and that s why it doesn t keet the temp? Thanks again
Arcadia ProT5 Kit - Desert 12% I think this is a 24" fixture
You can plug the holes to keep heat in -- I would plug the basking side --- but you must watch your temps --and use a digital probe thermometer ------ you can look on the website I posted for another basking bulb -- you want a CLEAR bright white bulb NO Daylight bulbs or Neodymium bulbs please - I would start w/ a 100 watt Exo Terra Sun Glo Tight Beam Basking Spot Lamp and go from there - what are the temps your getting now? Please NO lettuce --- here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- make sure your dusting the insects 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 ONCE per feeding lightly coated and 2 x per week w/ vitamins/ beta carotene ONCE per feeding lightly coated----------what kind of insect are you feeding her ? She wont eat unless basking temps and UVB are correct -- so this imperative you get this fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom